mileage life with turbo???

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
As long as your engine is healthy, then there's no problem with boosting it. The key is to take good care of your engine.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^Amen to that. If you do an OEM rebuild all around with some oem-spec forged pistons and rods you will be totally fine to boost for many years AS LONG AS YOU TAKE CARE OF IT.

onesikteg

so just putting pistons n rods...well my car is n great cond. bro ...it might have lots of miles but it runs smooth no weird noises nothinh like that...its a ls dohc 1.8 i wanna get pistons n rods like ^^ said and see how it goes....then i wanna go lsv turbo...so if it blows then of course ill swap asap

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
For starters, get a compression or leak down test. Or both.

stealing my facepalm thunder eh? lol yeah the main thing you should do to a new motor or rebuilt old one: forged pistons and rods AND a good tune
There's a huge factor no one said yet. The quality of the parts you build the motor with, quality of the tune, how you break it the motor, and how you drive will all be factors to the longevity of the motor, especially when boosted. The more you half ass the build, the more shit you will have to deal with down the line.

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
There's a huge factor no one said yet. The quality of the parts you build the motor with, quality of the tune, how you break it the motor, and how you drive will all be factors to the longevity of the motor, especially when boosted. The more you half ass the build, the more shit you will have to deal with down the line.
Amen to that. Add in proper ecu tuning and the above is complete.
another thing to remember is the abuse factor, have fun with it but don't drive it like it's the last thing your gonna do,build it right and drive it right and you should be happy for a long time.