k20 dc2

noriceintegra

hey whats up guys? ive been thinking about a new swap into my 99 integra ls. the b18b1 has around 112000 miles on it so i think its about time for a swap. im not sure if i should keep up the tradition of the b18c1 swap or go out on a limb and do a k20 swap. i havent been able to find the right k20 tho. the only ones ive found are the 160hp not the rsx type s k20. i was wondering if any of you had a suggestion of what i should do?

thanks, robert

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
a k20 swap would be sweet but expensive im sure someone on here will be able to tell you a site to find one, but stickin with the b series would be nice too man

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
ur engine still has alot of life left on it 112000 is not alot of miles for a honda...mine has 150 something and runs perfect

blueTEC

James
1990TeGLs said:
ur engine still has alot of life left on it 112000 is not alot of miles for a honda...mine has 150 something and runs perfect

Definitely a great point. Is it really worth forking over all that dough for the K swap when your motor probably has a ton of life left in it?

noriceintegra

possibly but would it be reliable if i turbo the motor? im not very worried about cost becuase i may have a sponsor but im not sure which way to go

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
one day when my b18c1 dies.... a k20a2 will go in there, and hopefulyl by this time its cheaper with more fabricated parts for a swap. but other than that i'd keep the ls and boost it.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
Yeah man you still got a sh*t load of miles still on it, you should wait a bit longer, save the money for now until your old motor dies out, THEN........throw in the H22 you might have to bang back the firewall and maybe some other mods to the engine bay but that sh*t would be SICK. PLus you would save yourself some big cash on the motor itself

Last edited:

SlammedCivic

First of all, I am going to be the dick that tells you to SEARCH n00bie...But you have to give us some more info before we tell you to blow 6g's+ on a motor...What are your goals for the car? Daily driven? Budget?

If it was me, I would keep the B18b and b00st it. The B is a great platform to start with. With the 6-7g's spent on a k swap, just think about the kind of turbo setup you could have on the B...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
We'll all already knew what MoJoJoJo's response was gonna be! :) there is a JRSC'd EG with a k20 in houston. It's sounds wicked!

96 LS

i also cant decide if i want a k20 or a b18c. all i know is i definetly need a new engine. ill probably go with a b18c because its more in my price range. also nobody can argue with the ease of sourcing parts. what are all of the components necessary for a swap? engine, trans, ecu, axles? what else?

MoJoJoJo

Banned
dc2GS-R said:
We'll all already knew what MoJoJoJo's response was gonna be! :) there is a JRSC'd EG with a k20 in houston. It's sounds wicked!
yea met him at the all state meet in nov. he's got a new setup now, its gonna be a monster, k24 bottom w/ k20 head on turbo lol cant wait to see that thing on the dyno