just got an 00 integra LS auto

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Iridiums are good, but they wont last too long as the kind of plugs. I have the Laser Platinums. Im very pleased with them. As far as plug wires go, MSD is a good brand to go with. If not, go w/ the NGK ones.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
save up for a toda timing belt cause 90K is right around the corner and its a good idea to do alot of matinence at the 90K interval

mteg

Automatic Lover
For right now, NGK's are fine. For the amount of miles you got and lack of mods, I wouldn't bother with plug wires right now. What kind of budget do you have? I'd start off with a gold COA or short ram intake and maybe a dc sports or greddy header. Don't buy any cheap crap off e-bay. Spend the money on a good exhaust like greddy, apexi, skunk 2 (even though their customer service sucks). You'll thank me later when your car doesn't sound like shit and your hangers don't break after 10,000 miles. For suspension, don't buy any cheap lower ing springs-save and get a matching spring shock/strut set or research a good combo. You also need a camber kit cause anything more than an inch drop will wreck your tires. If you want to get a body kit, spend the money. Avoid fiberglass at all costs. I have freinds that go through a front clip almost every summer. Get Urethane, you'll appreciate the extra expense. Later on after youve begun modding your car and your friends are dogging you bout driving an auto, check out level 10's website. You'll find what you need to make your auto race worthy.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
mteg said:
For right now, NGK's are fine. For the amount of miles you got and lack of mods, I wouldn't bother with plug wires right now. What kind of budget do you have? I'd start off with a gold COA or short ram intake and maybe a dc sports or greddy header. Don't buy any cheap crap off e-bay. Spend the money on a good exhaust like greddy, apexi, skunk 2 (even though their customer service sucks). You'll thank me later when your car doesn't sound like shit and your hangers don't break after 10,000 miles. For suspension, don't buy any cheap lower ing springs-save and get a matching spring shock/strut set or research a good combo. You also need a camber kit cause anything more than an inch drop will wreck your tires. If you want to get a body kit, spend the money. Avoid fiberglass at all costs. I have freinds that go through a front clip almost every summer. Get Urethane, you'll appreciate the extra expense. Later on after youve begun modding your car and your friends are dogging you bout driving an auto, check out level 10's website. You'll find what you need to make your auto race worthy.
Excellent response bro! I think you can speak for most of us. Basically, don't buy any cheap, unnecessary mods. Brand name parts may be more expensive, but you pay for what you get. It's not about how many mods you have, it's about how good they are. Quality > quantity.

ShinsenTuner

New and fresh.
JDMxDB8 said:
x2 fosho! Start off w/ suspension and basic bolt-ons like intake, exhaust, header, etc. Let the modifications begin!
^ def. Since it's an auto I wouldn't spend any money on performance parts... I am on the same boat so I would know... :lol: The first thing I did to my car was take out that HORRID OEM Acura CD player they got going on in there... that thing is just shitty. Replaced it with an Alpine Motorized headunit after the car was sitting in my driveway for less than 24 hours :lol: Then ran a 4guage wiring kit, installed an amplifier, subwoofer, and ipod connector. Then a couple of months down the road, i started to hate my car... because I had no money flow so no real wish for new parts... then money came in. I purchased lowering springs, 94-97 tails, and some more audio equipment. Just go slow, have fun and remember... just because it's an auto doesn't mean it can't be modded... I still eat civics so that's all that matters :lol: :lol:

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
everyone here is i hope an experienced driver. your new. wait atleast a year get some experience under your belt and then maybe if your not in trouble with tickets or anything and you drive like a normal human being (not tryin to be a dick) then think about some upgrades.

I had to have a brand new car when I first started drving. bought a sentra, not even 2 months later......totaled. i was driving like an asshole, in a hurry didnt pay attention and WHAP!!!DONE!!!! so heres some friendly advice we all look out for each other here, learn to drive first please and be careful

TOTAL_JDM

nexgenintegra said:
everyone here is i hope an experienced driver. your new. wait atleast a year get some experience under your belt and then maybe if your not in trouble with tickets or anything and you drive like a normal human being (not tryin to be a dick) then think about some upgrades.

I had to have a brand new car when I first started drving. bought a sentra, not even 2 months later......totaled. i was driving like an asshole, in a hurry didnt pay attention and WHAP!!!DONE!!!! so heres some friendly advice we all look out for each other here, learn to drive first please and be careful

I 2nd that! Gratz on your new car man and take good care of it!

konig16

LS Vtec=:)
IntegrasAreBest said:
keep it for another six months, sell her and get a manual ls or gsr.
my first car was a auto 97 civic i got for $3000 and it only had 60000 miles on it when i bought it i really wish i never sold it. If i were you i would just put a manual trans in it later on when you have the money to do so. it seems to me that manual hondas sell for much more then automatics you would haven never got that deal if it was stick. So if were you i would just save up about $1500 and swap out the auto trans for a manual. I just did this on a friends car about a week ago and it made me wish i never sold my civic once i realized how easy it was to do the swap.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
konig16 said:
my first car was a auto 97 civic i got for $3000 and it only had 60000 miles on it when i bought it i really wish i never sold it. If i were you i would just put a manual trans in it later on when you have the money to do so. it seems to me that manual hondas sell for much more then automatics you would haven never got that deal if it was stick. So if were you i would just save up about $1500 and swap out the auto trans for a manual. I just did this on a friends car about a week ago and it made me wish i never sold my civic once i realized how easy it was to do the swap.
Thats a good point but doing auto to manual swaps is a bitch, You have to run clutch lines ad a pedal through the firewall, did it on my 91 LS and it was worth it but it was a bitch.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
You dont need a damn TODA timing belt, OEM is the way to go.

1)replace timing belt, tensioner, and water pump with OEM parts.
2)if you really prefer a manual trans, dont modify this one. Unless you get another teg and transfer the parts.
3)always consider keeping it as a daily driver and picking up a project car.