HID question regarding Hi/Lo Beam

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Bimmers are normally around 6000-8000K.
Most stock HID equipped cars are 4300k none are 8k :D light is pure white, what gives it the color is the actual lense cutting the light, take the bulb out of the lense and turn it on, pure white no blue at all very bright d2s retro ftw!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Most stock HID equipped cars are 4300k none are 8k :D light is pure white, what gives it the color is the actual lense cutting the light, take the bulb out of the lense and turn it on, pure white no blue at all very bright d2s retro ftw!
All the Bimmers I see have a tint of blue. Infinitis like the G35/G37 have pure white.

molezy7

My car came with HID's on it when I bought it last week. The guy said they were off of a 7 Series BMW. They look great, and light up the road! I love them, lol. The only thing I was wondering, is how do I tell what the warmth is?
thatd be a retrofit, dont hold me on this but the temperature should be around 4300K which is what most cars with stock hid lighting come with.

molezy7

All the Bimmers I see have a tint of blue. Infinitis like the G35/G37 have pure white.
like what cabezzzdb8 said its the projector itself that gives the lights the hints of blue you see