HID question regarding Hi/Lo Beam

khaltire

Hey guys, Im a total newb here... I didnt wanna post until I finally got my integra (set up the deal today, just gotta get money from bank now!).... Anyways, I got a 2000 GS black on black. My friend actually has a spare set of HID he is willing to give me, but I cant figure out if itll fit or not... Obviously, I have a 3rd gen integ. The set he has is Pilot HID kit 6000k (2 9006 bulbs)

I want my regular lights at night time to be HID, not the two inner lights, which I guess are daytime running lights (in Canada), but rather the two on the outsides of the car... I forget are those low beams? Im confsued about which is high and low, Im used to a 99 Civic which is just HI/LOW

If these were the headlights then it would be the outermost X's:

Xx xX

Those are the lows correct? In which case, thats what I want and the 9006 would fit?

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
the outer ones are your lows inners are highs. is your friends HID kit plug and play ? 9006 is the right bulb to use BTW.

khaltire

Its one of the HID kits that come with the ballasts and all the stuff, is that plug and play? Its not those cheapo halogen bulbs that say HID but are just regular bulbs with higher wattage... They arent some cheapo brand either, from what I remember he said they were Pilot... I think they are pretty good quality, Japanese made

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
yeah it should be plug in play if it comes with everything. I got a plug and play kit too. slap em on and you wont regret it one you go HID youll never go back to halogen.

khaltire

Thanks for your help.. I was originally gonna get 8000k for the look but Im told its hard to see in the rain with them... it rains alot in Vancouver so I decided against that... gonna go for 6000k now....

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
4300K has the best light output. Color is close to pure white.

heykosal

Angkorian
4300k is best tempurature for bad weather(rain, fog, snow). PnP kits are inferior to retrofitting anyways.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
There's also a big cost difference in the plug and play kits vs. a retrofit. But you have to remember the output difference too.

2_Liter_Turbo

My car came with HID's on it when I bought it last week. The guy said they were off of a 7 Series BMW. They look great, and light up the road! I love them, lol. The only thing I was wondering, is how do I tell what the warmth is?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
My car came with HID's on it when I bought it last week. The guy said they were off of a 7 Series BMW. They look great, and light up the road! I love them, lol. The only thing I was wondering, is how do I tell what the warmth is?
Bimmers are normally around 6000-8000K.