help please!!!!

cory_cnx

Ijust bought a 94 acura for my wife but in the morning when i try to start it i have to step on the gas pedal a bit , if i dont step in the gas a lil bit the car shuts off ,,,wat could it be i Only have this problem in the morning when the car is cold but when is warm enough it doesnt do it no more ....can u guys help please

speedin

The Transporter
cory_cnx said:
Ijust bought a 94 acura for my wife but in the morning when i try to start it i have to step on the gas pedal a bit , if i dont step in the gas a lil bit the car shuts off ,,,wat could it be i Only have this problem in the morning when the car is cold but when is warm enough it doesnt do it no more ....can u guys help please
So, if you give it gas itll start. Sounds like fuel delivery problem. Id start with the fuel filter. Also dont the FPR's cause an issue like this? Mabye a idle issue? I know the car is supposed to raise the idle for cold starts. Possibly an issue in that system?

Anyone else had an experience with this?? Id say start with a new fuel filter and run some fuel injector cleaner in the gas tank. Sounds like a fuel bottle neck, which is usually an old fuel filter.

cory_cnx

yeah cause its only in the mornings ,,oh and one more thingh when the car its cold the 4 gear tries to slip but when it gets warm enough it doesnt ,do u guys think i should change my tranny fluid or my tranny is goin down ..thanks a lot

B18TEG

BLACK DA
check the iacv or the pcv, i dont know if 3rd gens have em but common problem to idle problems in 2nd gens, also check your manifold for loose stuff and also throttle cable position

speedin

The Transporter
B18TEG said:
check the iacv or the pcv, i dont know if 3rd gens have em but common problem to idle problems in 2nd gens, also check your manifold for loose stuff and also throttle cable position
I know they have the PCV. What else would their be in the idle control system?? Because like I said could be the unit that raises the idle on cold starts. Might be fuckin up and causing it to stall

cory_cnx

speedin said:
I know they have the PCV. What else would their be in the idle control system?? Because like I said could be the unit that raises the idle on cold starts. Might be fuckin up and causing it to stall
thats wat my dad told me "could be the unit that raises the idle on cold starts"

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Its in the ICU... the car goes to open loop till the temp sensor reads operating temperature. Check your coolent temp sensor. It might be telling the computer that the car is warm when its really cold.

as for the tranny thing, thats probably just a cold clutch. I don't know how your in 4th gear while the car is still cold unless you live in the country, but yeah, its probably just a cold clutch.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If your clutch slips...even when cold....it's end is most likely near

What model do you have? A little more details could help.

There are many things that can cause an idle problem. I had a fierce idle surge problem that was caused by the coolant temp sensor. But it would always start. I don't think the coolant temp sensor would cause it not to start. Is your CEL on? You should probably replace the fuel filter anyway, it is cheap and can cause this problem, if it's not the prob now, then maybe later. Alot of people overlook this in maintenance

cory_cnx

Kuchtaboy said:
Its in the ICU... the car goes to open loop till the temp sensor reads operating temperature. Check your coolent temp sensor. It might be telling the computer that the car is warm when its really cold.

as for the tranny thing, thats probably just a cold clutch. I don't know how your in 4th gear while the car is still cold unless you live in the country, but yeah, its probably just a cold clutch.
the car doesnt have a clutch cause its automatic.

cory_cnx

dc2GS-R said:
If your clutch slips...even when cold....it's end is most likely near

What model do you have? A little more details could help.

There are many things that can cause an idle problem. I had a fierce idle surge problem that was caused by the coolant temp sensor. But it would always start. I don't think the coolant temp sensor would cause it not to start. Is your CEL on? You should probably replace the fuel filter anyway, it is cheap and can cause this problem, if it's not the prob now, then maybe later. Alot of people overlook this in maintenance
its a 1994 Integra ls (automatic) cel(check engine light ,right ) yeah its on ...

Winki

Undercover mod
check your fast idle. its what keep your car reving a little higher when its cold so it doesn't die out untill it warms up and the idle goes to normal. ;)

jack112286

let me give u an idea how cold start works/

during cold, engine REQUIRES more gasoline injectected compared to the same rpm during hot. the reason behind this is gasoline is turns back to liquid when cold, and they will stick to the intake manifold and form droplets. THE solution, enrichment during cold start up, ]

on many older 4 cyl, they have 5 injectors, the fith one is called a cold start injector, and the only time it is energized is during cold start.

on ur integra, my guess is it is not a fuel related problem, sounds more like an IAC(idle air control).
could be carbon build up, causing it start to plug up, thus not enough air in the engine.
your ecu has relearn feature built in for the IAC, meaning if it is plugged up 30%, ur iac will count 30% as 0, and start from there.

but many times, because the passage(a hole right before the throttle body) is partially stuck, the IAC uses the last setting it learned from previous key cycle(the last time u ran the car), so during cold start, it wants to stall, unless u open up the throttle a bit(stepping on the accelerator pedal(not gas pedal))...
hope it helps you..

NEED 50 POST TO SELLLL>>>>><<<<<:twisted:
at this rate, i will have a lot of things to type...lol