header decision

heykosal

Angkorian
so i decided my next mod pretty much has to be exhaust headers. i did a little bit of research(mostly in that INtegra mod 101 article) and i found out 4-2-1 headers gain power in the midrange and 4-1 headers are for top end power. but who can tell me what the difference between 1 and 2 piece headers are? modacar.com further complicates my decision because i can get DC ceramic coated headers either 4-2-1 or 4-1 for about $300. they also have Greddy 4-2-1 SS headers for about the same price.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Acura/Integra/MODAHEA/

or should i just get megan 4-1 headers for $200?

plz help!!

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
do not get ceramic, material is soft so its crap :thumbdown stainless steel can take the abuse :thumbup:

as for the 1 or 2 piece. i think that matters on the 4-2-1 design or 4-1, you might wanna check with someone. 4-2-1 being 2 piece and a whole lot easier to install vs the 4-1 1 piece being a tiny bit harder to install since you gotta lift the front end up.

and megan... :thumbdown try looking into the other brands of exhaust header. JG edlebrock, comptech, rs*r, hytech, SMPS, mugen, "jdm" + etc. DC is overated.

<---- DC SS 4-1, bought used for a SUPER CHEAP DEAL. $80

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
DailyDrivenDB8 said:
do not get ceramic, material is soft so its crap :thumbdown stainless steel can take the abuse :thumbup:

as for the 1 or 2 piece. i think that matters on the 4-2-1 design or 4-1, you might wanna check with someone. 4-2-1 being 2 piece and a whole lot easier to install vs the 4-1 1 piece being a tiny bit harder to install since you gotta lift the front end up.

and megan... :thumbdown try looking into the other brands of exhaust header. JG edlebrock, comptech, rs*r, hytech, SMPS, mugen, "jdm" + etc. DC is overated.

<---- DC SS 4-1, bought used for a SUPER CHEAP DEAL. $80
same here craigslist ismy friend so i got me a DC 4-2-1 header with nio dents and no scrathces whatsoever for $70.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I had a stainless DC, never installed, 4-1 JDM ITR replica. It was a nice ass header, sold it on here.

My Megan was garbage, fitment sucked o2 sensor was in a shitty spot. I hated it. It was on for a couple months, already took it off. Stay away from megan, also had to dent my oil pan for clearance. Other wise it would have sat against it.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you intend to make power with N/A dont be afraid to spend when it comes to the header.

Hytech (which I know tegsox will promote)
TODA
Mugen
JUN
Spoon

heykosal

Angkorian
damn! for headers priced like that id go turbo!!

but what i THINK i want to do is supercharge. i guess this is an ignorant question but do centrifugal kits have front mounts? cause the vortech kit i was eyeing has whats called an charge cooler LINK i want about 300whp will greddy headers support that? also got an N1 catback

Last edited:

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
i have a greddy 4-2-1 1 piece. installation was cake all i did was jack the front up until the wheels just came off the ground (which isnt much) i like em

DarkAngelGSR

*JDM Approved*
if doing S/C, balance the power distribution by getting 4-1for the top end since ur got S/C = Mid-range. Have a good powerband. Also, No offense to the person that said Ceramic is crap. I have beaten the hell outta my DC RH Ceramic and it's just fine. I've even scrapped the bottom of it so much that the steel shows now. The ceramic holds heat better thus less heat put out into everything else. Better power flow.

Disco

I have a 95 lsvtec. I have a megan header and it fits perfect. There are no clearance issues at all and the o2 sensor is in the exact right spot. I keep hearing about theese people that cant get them to fit up right I think they have the wrong part for their car. Megan is a very reputable company that makes a great product. They just arent as popular cause they dont spend the money on advertising to get popular.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Please please please explain how this is in the right spot.

Its reading off one cylinder???

I will never buy Megan parts again, they go on the list with Fidanza.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
DarkAngelGSR said:
if doing S/C, balance the power distribution by getting 4-1for the top end since ur got S/C = Mid-range. Have a good powerband. Also, No offense to the person that said Ceramic is crap. I have beaten the hell outta my DC RH Ceramic and it's just fine. I've even scrapped the bottom of it so much that the steel shows now. The ceramic holds heat better thus less heat put out into everything else. Better power flow.
haha well i only say that cause i been through ceramic then moved up to stainless steel. the ceramic couldn't handle the daily driving abuse as well as the stainless.

heykosal

Angkorian
haha maybe its cause the headers are different for G2's and G3's. but idk! those megan headers are like $200 dollars thats pretty cheap huh?

heykosal

Angkorian
Ominous G2 said:
you get what ya pay for
hmm it always seems to come down to that.

anyways where is the correct spot for the O2 sensor? where it can read the exhaust from all 4 cylinders i assume? and i guess on your picture that means it should be on the 2nd piece of the header?