GSR N/A build need recommendations...

WhiteGsrBeater

Calling around and getting ideas from this thread Im starting to think the 200whp bench mark isnt much of a goal... Sounds like that something anyone can put together.

TypeR?

yes yuo will gain more

i dont know about mnimal mods when you talking pistons thats not a minmal mod and relieability depends on the tuner and you can put together a turbo kit for around the same price as building an all motor block especially since labor for a turbo kit can be done much eaiser than assembling a bottom end and getting a P&P
pistons are a minimal mod when were talking oem ctr/itr pistons because you can reuse the stock gsr rods and pins so your really just spending roughly $300 give or take on pistons,rings and rod bolts rather than aftermarket where you would spend $500+ on pistons alone not including rods,rod bolts, etc. etc.
and labor costs mean nothing if you do it yourself:twisted:
there will always be a reliability issue with forced induction. honda didnt build there motors for forced induction obviously or they would have come that way from the factory. if you wanna go fast for cheap i would rather slap a bottle on it for about $500 rather than turbo but thats just me. its a form of forced induction but its only there when you need it rather than putting the extra stess on your motor all the time.

to the op if your gonna build a seperate motor other than the gsr you already have then yeah i would go with a b20vtec, bigger displacement is always good:twisted:. but your whp goals are very attainable with your gsr motor with the mods ive already stated above. there are plenty of dyno sheets for proof.

Last edited:

WhiteGsrBeater

pistons are a minimal mod when were talking oem ctr/itr pistons because you can reuse the stock gsr rods and pins so your really just spending roughly $300 give or take on pistons,rings and rod bolts rather than aftermarket where you would spend $500+ on pistons alone not including rods,rod bolts, etc. etc.
and labor costs mean nothing if you do it yourself:twisted:
there will always be a reliability issue with forced induction. honda didnt build there motors for forced induction obviously or they would have come that way from the factory. if you wanna go fast for cheap i would rather slap a bottle on it for about $500 rather than turbo but thats just me. its a form of forced induction but its only there when you need it rather than putting the extra stess on your motor all the time.

to the op if your gonna build a seperate motor other than the gsr you already have then yeah i would go with a b20vtec, bigger displacement is always good:twisted:. but your whp goals are very attainable with your gsr motor with the mods ive already stated above. there are plenty of dyno sheets for proof.
Good info thanks

WhiteGsrBeater

Alright I believe Ive come to the conclusion of doing a GSR build.

Shop recommendations in San Diego county, full build from top to bottom...

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
TegSox from what I hear you have a popular NA set up. Fill me in... B20/v or GSR?
I never looked into doing that for my own car, so I don't know much about the specifics +/- of mixing and matching B series heads and blocks. But if your deciding to stick with modding a GSR engine, I can definitley help you out some.
I'll be pushing close to 200whp after my next tune, and I still have a stock TB and IM.

WhiteGsrBeater

I never looked into doing that for my own car, so I don't know much about the specifics +/- of mixing and matching B series heads and blocks. But if your deciding to stick with modding a GSR engine, I can definitley help you out some.
I'll be pushing close to 200whp after my next tune, and I still have a stock TB and IM.
I have decided to go with the modded straight GSR... Ill be running a stock mani also, I was told that the angle was better then a skunk2 mani, for that motor anyway cant speak for the b16 and type r.

I know you got a hooked up gsr TegSoxso any insite would be greatly appriciated.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Still looking for a shop in san diego to get this motor built at.... Recommendations?????//
Go to Raceline Development in Temply City. My tuner, Elton Lo can do the job. It's in L.A. so it's not too far. Why don't you give him a call and ask him some questions about your build?

His shop hours are from 11AM-7PM.

(626) 292-7030

Say that you know Matt with the green DB8.