GSR N/A build need recommendations...

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
But a B20VTEC will have much more TQ than a B18VTEC, that the whole point of going the B20 route.
Don't listen to these dang guys who always gotta enter an all motor discussion with their "boost is better" talk. It gets old guys. It's apples and oranges.

WhiteGsrBeater

TegSox from what I hear you have a popular NA set up. Fill me in... B20/v or GSR?

Winki

Undercover mod
thats why i didnt say anything till he asked. and how much do we consider much more? im not saying its gonna be like a diff of five or less but getting tq from a honda only goes so far

TypeR?

building an n/a setup to hit your 200whp goal is very possible with minimal mods and for alot less money than a turbo kit and its more reliable. you just need to take your time learn somethings and choose your parts wisely. a b20 bottom end is unnessasary to reach 200whp.
itr/ctr pistons
p&p
valvetrain
good set of cams and gears
bolt ons
and a GOOD tune and bam +-200whp

WhiteGsrBeater

Cool thanks TypeR?... On the B20/ VTEC, using this set up will this help gain more then doing what you said with the GSR? Of course I would be doing the same mods, just on the B20/ V????

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
building an n/a setup to hit your 200whp goal is very possible with minimal mods and for alot less money than a turbo kit and its more reliable. you just need to take your time learn somethings and choose your parts wisely. a b20 bottom end is unnessasary to reach 200whp.
itr/ctr pistons
p&p
valvetrain
bolt ons
Sorry, but what's p&p?

99Geezer

If you already have a gsr, then in my opinion do not waste more money on a B20. I don't think it makes much sense, because you already have a good motor. I would stick with the GSR and focus all of your money rebuilding the bottom end, building up the head, getting all the neccesary bolt-ons, ect.

Winki

Undercover mod
Cool thanks TypeR?... On the B20/ VTEC, using this set up will this help gain more then doing what you said with the GSR? Of course I would be doing the same mods, just on the B20/ V????
yes yuo will gain more
itr/ctr pistons
p&p
valvetrain
bolt ons
i dont know about mnimal mods when you talking pistons thats not a minmal mod and relieability depends on the tuner and you can put together a turbo kit for around the same price as building an all motor block especially since labor for a turbo kit can be done much eaiser than assembling a bottom end and getting a P&P

WhiteGsrBeater

Building what I have isnt the issue. I want to keep the motor I have now stock, put in the garage and just stored. Incase selling the car was in the cards or just some stupid smog issue I know i have something that I can throw right back in. I dont mind picking up another motor weather it be another GSR or building a B20/ V. I just want to know the better set up.