Getting 2nd B18B, what should I do to it?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
obd1kenobi said:
You got A GSR right, yeah getting 250 is isnt that hard but it isnt easy, Which is my point its not EASY to get 200 out of an L/S.

Once again my Statment was "Its not easy to get 200 out an ls"
And I think what you mean to say is it's not cheap to make 200hp. Unless your building it yourself I wouldn't think you would have to worry about how hard or easy it is.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Aussie said:
Yea...right, the old sr20motors didn't have VVT and what the hell is a performance motor. A motor is a motor, any motor can be a performance motor, so a D series with 200 hp is a performance motor. No the 300+ motor I'm sure wasn't cheap and I'm sure you won't have the resources but you said that the most you've seen was like 180 out of a fully built motor and that is ridiculous.
180 out of an L/s is whole thread is about an LS b18B1

Yeah you can get 200 out of a d-series you can get power out of it right b4 you blow the damn thing, no "A motor is not a motor", what is a performance motor ?!?!?! OK dude thats crazy, So there no diffence a in "R" motors, and every other sports car motor, than your family Camry or a fuckin Geo Strom!! Yes there is bro you have hi-out put motors and motors that just do there job. You cant build every motor to hell and back! ONce again we are talk NA

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
All I'm saying is that if you really want to you can take any motor and turn it into a performance motor. Yes some motors have better potential then others but it is still possible with almost any motor.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Aussie said:
All I'm saying is that if you really want to you can take any motor and turn it into a performance motor. Yes some motors have better potential then others but it is still possible with almost any motor.
not a 3 cylinder Geo motor! :lol:

Yeah you can do anything with the element of money

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Aussie said:
:lol: I was just stating that it could be possible. Here check out this link
http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Larryscivic/Larrys_Civic.htm

Thats a bad ass motor!
Dude OK so......... We started off talking about a streetable Ls motor trying to get 180-200 with eaze and you give me

1. A fully built Vtec motor in a drag car! wtf!

That thing is not street able at all and it damn sure wasnt easy or for daily use. if you have to change every fucking thing in the motor that is not EASY that block alone with nothing cost 2500 dollars and the car still only did 249hp

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I was just posting the article up for shits and giggles and if you look at the one in the civic, that motor puts out 299.4whp and as he states he drives it every day and even goes to say that it still gets good gas mileage. With 13.4:1 compression on 92octane cheveron gas,

Last edited:

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Aussie said:
I was just posting the article up for shits and giggles and if you look at the one in the civic, that motor puts out 299.4whp and as he states he drives it every day and even goes to say that it still gets good gas mileage
it made 299 on the out of car dyno, but at the very end you see the in car dyno it made 249!

LStegg

1 bad LS
Just boost it and call it a day. Going all motor on a LS is salty as hell and BOOST IS BETTER ! I think LS's are one of the best motors 2 boost if you ask me. :drive: