Flaws in "50 Posts To Sell" rule...

heykosal

Angkorian
The "private" is probably the best and easiest rule to enforce.

We've already got it going with the arcade right? It can be like that..

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
I actually prefer there to be no rules for classifieds post limit wise. Having the post rule doesn't prevent any scamming IMO. Thats up to the buyer to decide if they want to purchase from them or not. We went through this on CC and I felt it worked best. Having open classifieds brings in more members and more parts for potential sales. If they register just to post sale items they will most likely return to post other places then if they would register, get banned and never return spreading word that the site sucks and its full of Nazis. Trust me, I get those emails alot.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
I actually prefer there to be no rules for classifieds post limit wise. Having the post rule doesn't prevent any scamming IMO. Thats up to the buyer to decide if they want to purchase from them or not. We went through this on CC and I felt it worked best. Having open classifieds brings in more members and more parts for potential sales. If they register just to post sale items they will most likely return to post other places then if they would register, get banned and never return spreading word that the site sucks and its full of Nazis. Trust me, I get those emails alot.
I think I'm with you on this one Jay Jay

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
meh...i can go both ways.

i think it should be a trialed thing though.....leave it up to a mod to decide whens its ok a for person to sell.

as far as scamming goes......it does happen everywhere.

and as far as the whole nazis shit goes.....thats the only "real" rule the mods enforce.....other than just shit talking online.

all in all.....good rule........keep it......or enforce it more.

speedin

The Transporter
I think the 50 rules works fine. Most who come on and post a FS thread then get it deleted and a ban end up never coming back to BS 50 posts (that ive seen). Those who do stay end up becoming good contributing members. There is only a small few who BS their way to 50. I also unapprove then as I see them.

So I say its fine as is. If anything add a time limit (like a month or something). But really all it does is complicate it. Because they can still BS for 50 posts then leave, come back in a month and bam!

IntegraC05

I know i'm new but i've been on team integra for years, and just recently found out about this place, i've been trying to help out where can but, the problem i see is if you don't have too much knowledge about something you can only put forth so much effort in posting with the knowledge you already have. (not sure if that makes sense), however being a newer member i was a little annoyed i couldn't post items for sale, for example, i have 2 sets of 98-01 tail lights ( i watch Craigslist for good deals on them and i buy them till i have a perfect mint set for my own car) and a lot of people want these but i can't post them up yet, almost.

btw. i like the site a lot more then TI, although they have cleaned up quite a bit lately, a lot less bs posts