Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

XjoEnX

At least your girl drives a car you both can relate to. And she has an appreciation for your hobby which is always a must.

Local

That is my gf's car. It is a red 98 LS with silver kosei k1. Not sure where you got the silver teg from, or the red teg with gt3... lol
He thought tony was your gf.

I actually like those oem wheels on there, doesn't look half bad. Also sold on detailing mine after these results. Good stuff

Nick_C78

Well, I have been having this issue lately with my car. Where if I have been driving it around and then turn it off and try to drive it again with in 5 minutes of parking it, it runs like shit. Feels like the ignition is fucked up, gets really jerky. But then if the car sits for like an hour or so, then I can drive it no problem. Very strange shit.

This morning on the way to work I had to get gas...and well it did it. I didn't have time to let it chill for an our so I drove it with the jerkyness, which is a nono, but I have to rebuild anyways so fuck it. The problem I didn't expect was it overheated suddenly. Like it pinned on the H, even the heater on didn't save it. So I babied it to work. When I was leaving work I checked my coolant and it was empty...by empty I mean on the ground of my parking spot :p But I always keep a gallon of coolant in my car, so I topped it off and drove it home. Drove fine! So this is a very strange situation. I think the ignition firing issue was causing it to run poorly and overheat. Ill prob start with first replacing the dizzy, since its an aftermarket china one and makes a ticking sound. What I can't wrap my mind around is why it fails if I stop and restart... Oh well. Only time will tell.

derekkh

Man your engine is making mine look perfect. Haha. When are you rebuilding? Just a basic rebuild to fix the problem? Or building up a little?

Nick_C78

My motor is a god damn tank though honestly. All the oil it burns and now this and she is still running solid...when the china dizzy isn't acting up. I didn't know the temp gauge could go that high. The needle was almost passed the H itself... Not exactly happy that it happened and a little worried about some repercussion, but it wasn't that hot for that long, maybe 5 minutes.

Nick_C78

Hah I am well aware of what happens to the heads. I am hoping the arp head studs helped keep it in place. Rather not take anything off the head. Compression is high enough already.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Its my experience that shutting off immediately and not allowing the car to run hot at all is best. Any amount of warp is cause for leak but you will know.... soon enough. ><

And thats probably one of the cheapest conversions you will probably ever see outside of free.

Last edited: