boost vs all motor.

jdm jon

id love a 220hrp k20, shit id have a boosted k20 but i prob wont be able to afford it for awhile and for the money could get something with equal power and pay a lil less......i already have the basic bolt-ons (header, Intake mani, air intake, full exhuast) but my goal is to have my teg run at least a mid to low 14 and a daily driver.....ive done the nitrous before in my b16 hatch with a 75shot (which was rediculous) but its nowhere near as reliable as boost. im most likly gunna go boost....a moddest 6-8psi should be what im lookin for........i know building motors is big bucks, and id be happier with boost though ALL MOTOR is the most reliable of all 3 options.

lets see some more opinions though.

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I'm going to boost my civic. small turbo on stock step up with maybe a vtec head and you can make at least 200 whp with a good tune. that's my goal.

I wanted to do an all motor build/swap, but that is a LOT of work for a daily driver.

If i can get a car that is able to sit around for a while I'd gladly do it, but not one that I need tomorrow...know what I mean?

jdm jon

what would you guys reather do......swap a GSR motor for an ITR motor? or just build the GSR?? if you were goin N/A.............?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
full n/a?

b20 block with a vtec head. raise the compression, full exhaust, and a set of ITB's with an amazing tune. (that's the basics. lol)

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
how built? lol

I think (THINK) they have the same potential from stock, the itr just has a little more of a tune + some better parts. I personally don't know much about those motors... I've never had vtec :)()

jdm jon

ye, i was wondering the difference between stock GSR vs. ITR. i know the ITR can handle higher revs....

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
okay. you know more then I do. lol

I know how to fix a stock motor and basics (plus a little) on tuning. I haven't built anyhting yet, so that's where I'm stuck. Tegsox should dip his nose in here... he would be able to help ya out.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
ye, i was wondering the difference between stock GSR vs. ITR. i know the ITR can handle higher revs....
It's the same block, basically same bottom end except for higher compression pistons. The head is the big difference. It has the pr3 head, better valve springs, lighter valves, and higher duration cams, this allows it to rev higher and make more power. If you plan on upgrading it you mine as well just get a gsr because you'll be working with basically the same platform either way.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I wouldn't waste my time or money on swapping out a perfectly good b18c1 for an ITR engine. For the amount you would pay for that swap you could just build the b18c1you have pretty damn good. Bang for the buck.......keep your same engine, as long as it's in good shape

The next decision you gotta make before you go any further is N/A or boost.

Last edited: