boost vs all motor.

jdm jon

i know this is a broad question but i just want your poeples opinions on this....
i have a GSR teg....i wanna make it go faster.(which is a givin) and i have 3 chioces....im willing to spend $$$ conservatively but i dont wanna spend an arm n leg on this either. i need reliablility due to this is a daily driver.

would you???
A. swap the b18c for a b18c5?
B. boost a stock GSR (low boost)
C. build the GSR.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
We can't give you accurate answers on what exactly you should do with your car because we don't know your exact plan for the car.
What area of the powerband do you want to concentrate on adding power in?
Whats your goal for your car?

Also have you thought about Nitrous?
You can run it on a stock engine and if it's installed right its very reliable.
Plus its not very expensive and gives you that extra HP you want.
After doing some research I'm about 90% sure I'm going to run it on my LS

k624ash

Do you have compression and leakdown results for the motor? you have to make sure the motor healthy before you start modding it

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Ya'll are missing the conservative spending factor. K20a is nowhere near cheap or conservative spending

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Ya'll are missing the conservative spending factor. K20a is nowhere near cheap or conservative spending
K, you have a point. I got all excited and said K right away. I forgot about the conservative spending factor. I say build the B18C1.

konerri

i didn't say k20a swap.... so stop jumpin to conclusions....damb people

do a k24 accord swap. all and all lookin a about 3000 for a complete swap with descent power and torque. biggest plus would be that everything is still stock to reliability is still awsome.

remember dude was willing to do an R swap. lookin at 4000.

ltrain

build it......bolt ons,cams, cam gears,intake manifold, hondata for starters........ the list is endless