Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

94RS

No fucks given.
Not just the liquid cooling... The original V-Rod engine was rated at 115HP, and I'm sure Erik Buell probably could've squeezed more out of it.

Look at later tube frame Buells (99-02), it was based on the stock Sportster 1200 engine that was rated at 59hp. Buell put in Screamin' Eagle cams, a lighter flywheel, domed pistons and Thunderstorm heads, and it was rated at 101hp.

From an engineering point, he knows what he's doing. Plus with it being in the XB, it would've been in a bike that weighs over 200lbs less than the V-Rod :rolf:

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Back to the heat though, that right side scoop definitely works while riding.... Only my foot gets cooked due to the dissipating heat from sitting :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
:lol: :lol: :lol:

If I had an XB I'd probably melt my shoe on something at some point and have to scrape it off

94RS

No fucks given.
Nah... The foot peg doesn't sit close enough to anything to get that hot. It's mainly just the heat from the rear cylinder after sitting at a long light being forced out by cooler air.

R13

The other asshole
I could see my dumbass squidding one day and getting my shoelace wound up in that belt tensioner pully though :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
So apparently people on eBay think that Buell parts are worth their weight gold.... When I picked the XB up, the mechanic told me that my shift linkage was bent, so I just checked eBay and the only one on there is $65.00... USED. I check the HD dealer site I order from, and a brand new one shipped direct from Harley is $33 :rolf:

Also ordered the OEM Uly heat shield. According to people on Buell forums, they make a huge difference... We'll see :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
At least they're functional :lol: One to keep shit off the engine, the other off your face.

They reused the fork guard section and top fender on the Super TT.

R13

The other asshole
That's basically what it looks like, a lightning with number plates and a stubby dirtbike fender.