*anything goes* chat v3.0 bigger, badder and uncut

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
speedin said:
Wait..... Why is a 60 trim T3 wheel flowing a peak of 422cfm's. And a Evo 3 16G can flow a max of 550cfm's? Whats wrong here? I always thought the T3 60trim would be a superior turbo :???:
EVO3 16G > T3 Super60

The EVO3 16G is an awesome bang for the buck. Decent efficiency, capability and spool all stuffed into a very fairly priced turbo

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah. All the 16g's are slightly different. The EVO3 is lighter, and makes a little more top end power and has a slighty stiffer wastegate actuator spring. The EVO3 has the same turbine specs with a lighter turbine housing and has a slightly larger compressor wheel which is also lighter. Compared to the small and big 16g's of course. The HRC Super 16G is a little different

As for the Hahn Racecraft 16g's, I have no experience or input on these since they are modified mitsu turbo's. They do NOT carry the same specs as factory MHI turbo's, but I believe that the HRC "Super 16G" is very similar to the EVO3 in terms of CFM, spool time and efficieny. I'm thinking it has slightly larger turbine housing, increasing exhaust flow and efficieny over a standard 16G but that is almost always at the expense of spool time. None of the 16G's have much lag though.

Atleast a manifold will be easy to come by since it has a T3 flanged turbine housing

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I would be curious to see the pricing on them too. I don't remember what they go for. I would also like to know if they will let go of the specs. I would like to see what exaclty has been done to this compared to other 16g's. I know they did quite an upgrade from the 7cm2 turbine housing to the 10cm2 housing, but I would like to see the wheel trim, A/R, inducer and exducer measurements on the compressor and turbine

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yeah. That is there complete kit for non-turbo Eclipses. I would just like to know how much the Super 16G costs by itself and how it stacks up against the EVO3 16G, Big T28, and similar sized 50ish trim compressors and other competition in that range

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I'm sure. Just need to do some research. I'm sure someone has to have a comparo of EVO3 vs Super or something to that nature

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Personally, it seems the 10cm2 turbine housing is a little on the large size and prob more laggy than necessary. At 300whp, a 10cm2 housing seems like that would produce more lag without much of a pay off since an EVO3 16G will push 300whp easily with much better spool time. I just can't really find any specs on the compressor side. The EVO3 has a larger and lighter compressor wheel than the others, and since the HRC super 16G is based off the regular 16G, I would imagine the compressor wheel inducer and exducer specs are probably the same, maybe with just a slightly different A/R

Status
Not open for further replies.