(AEM) CAI pics

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The filter ends up behind your passenger side corner lens. It's fairly well protected behind there. I had that AEM on my car for 3 years, from April 2001 to April 2004, no bypass valve....I never hydrolocked. We get plenty of rain in New Hampshire, snow and slush too.
I think AEM manufactured the bypass valve to give paranoid buyers, people who wouldn't consider buying their CAI in the first place for fear of hydrolock, a way to buy one and ease their fears and to sell more CAI's because I'm sure the profit margin on those are astronomical. I personally feel the risk of hydrolock on G3's with CAI's are overblown, my personal 3 year experience with one as my basis for that opinion.
I wouldn't call hydrolocking a problem, it's more like an event. Running out of gas on the highway is a problem, hydrolocking is an event....an expensive, engine killing, month wrecking event. :lol:

Jmoney187

LivinLow
That intake looks bronze!?
TegSox, i like where that filterhead ends up...and your probably right. I'm just gona go for it and eventually get a bypass for the rainy days.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!!!

siscoke

Jmoney187 said:
That intake looks bronze!?
TegSox, i like where that filterhead ends up...and your probably right. I'm just gona go for it and eventually get a bypass for the rainy days.
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS!!!
yeah i had it repainted :D its an AEM though ;) i didnt like the way all the different kind of "grey" were looking in my motorbay (shiny oem strut, light grey CAI, and milky grey sparkplugcover,...) so i painted them to match :d

hope u like the idea :s

Jmoney187

LivinLow
siscoke said:
yeah i had it repainted :D its an AEM though ;) i didnt like the way all the different kind of "grey" were looking in my motorbay (shiny oem strut, light grey CAI, and milky grey sparkplugcover,...) so i painted them to match :d

hope u like the idea :s
It looks real good man...its different but good looking and matching! Is that a Type R strut bar?? I want a front strut and rear loe tie but the strut would be easier..is it hard to install?

siscoke

since the car is an ITR its indeed a ITR stock strutbar only got a repaint and ordered the original sticker again at my local honda dealer :d its an easy install and bolt on fit ;)

greetz sis