'97 or '98 Front

g3teg97

Super Moderator
TegSox said:
Are you sure about the "only replace parts of the same year" thing? I've found ways around that with Progressive and Amica. You can ask the body shop doing the work to buy the 98+ bumper, offer to pay the difference if there even is one. I did that with a body shop and got a new 98+ rear bumper instead of a 94-97 a couple years ago.
Amica just cut me a check, so i could go out myself and find the best prices for what I needed to replace.
I have to double check that with my mom. She works at our insurance company.

When our G1 got hit, she got a check from Winn Dixie, and she went the route of finding the cheapest parts, shops, etc. She didn't go through our insurance because the fear of they might have totalled the car.

With mine, we're going to have to go through the insurance company because of the hit and run to file the claim to get the money to even get it repaired. I told her the whole reason for getting the bumpers, etc because I knew it was a good deal, and we could just take them to the body shop.

I didn't want an "aftermarket" Integra bumper installed so that's another reason why I wanted to get the bumpers when I did.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
JSPEC Ek9 said:
to be honest, the red integra looks so mujch better with that front lip on.....but in a way i kinda like the 98-01 front end better.....you know what? fuck both of it and do a JDM Type R conversion!!!!
I do love how the red teg looks with the 97 lip.

I did think about doing the JDM front, but that's at least $2,000 without being painted.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
teg9five said:
from what i understand as long as you are the full owner of the car then the insurance company has to cut you a check for the damage. all that crap about taking it to a body shop and the insurance company paying the body shop is a bunch of bullshit. if you tell them that the damage is something you can live with and not have fixed then thats up to you... but you still need to be paid for any and all damage. so just make them send you a check and cash that bitch then do whatever you want with the money. thats what i plan on doing once i get a hold of the insurance companies (damn holiday) and im gonna get a nice big check and then do what i can to fix my car myself. what little im unable to fix ill take to a body shop and hopefully be able to pocket about half the money
It'll depend on what my mom can get done at work.

If what you say is correct and we can do that, I know the shop that we can take it too to get premium price and then take it to another one. lol

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
yesah i just went to one place today that generally is pretty pricey and they gave me an estimate of $1700. went to the honda dealer and they gave me a price of $2400 so yeah you figure it out lol. but it may not matter because since the guy that hit me has some sorta independant insurance or some shit they are probably gonna send someone out from the insurance company to write their own estimate and royally screw me over. but im hoping not. then im gonna do most of the work myself

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
97 front end with lip= sex. i loved my 98 front end to death but would have rather had a 97 with a lip.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
So, got some good news:

When the claim gets put in, I can get a check written to me so I can take it to the body shop I want and install the parts I want because I'm the owner of the car.

So I will be getting a couple quotes at some body shops. My first stop will be my local Acura dealer because I know they charge out the ass on everything. We already took the car to get a quote from the shop that repaired the dent in the quarter panel and it was over $1000. I'm hoping to knock it over this and get a lip and get my sides painted as well as my rear bumper.

Will update later!

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
go with the 94-97 front ... n add a type r lip.... SiR..integ looks tite...doesn't have to be JDM to be nice or tite...as long as its clean...aight peace