'97 or '98 Front

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I'm kinda at a loss right now. I actually do not know which way to go with this.

I purchased a '01 front bumper, '99 headlights + turn signal a while back because I had some damage on my front bumper. I also wanted to do the '98+ conversion seeing how it looked more aggressive to me.

There's a guy on TI selling his '97 front including a Comptech lip. They're pretty good prices. I'm contemplating getting rid of the '98 front and getting this.

Another problem to the issue. My mom was talking about getting the front end replaced due to the damage of the hit and run inicident a while back. The problem with this is that the insurance company will only replace the OEM parts (i.e. same year) I thought she was going to work soemthing out to where I could just get cashed out for the claim and take your parts and go to the shop you want.

Basically it's going to end up like this: get my '97 front end replaced with a '97 front or get it replaced with a '98 front end. Either way when it goes in for this I'm getting a lip, it's going to get painted, the emblem will be shaved along with the license plate holes and the side skirts will be painted.

Now I need your advice on this. What would you do?

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
either or.... the 98-00 looks more sleek and agressive than the 94-97... but when i had my civic... i prefered the 96-98 > 99-00... lol so iono... its up to YOU... since you're gonna drive it and see it everyday... i guess it depends on what kinda add-ons to the exterior you're gonna get... color.... and rims.. along with stance. so iono... its a tough decision... haha

and oh yea... i'd get the 98+ jus cause it looks nice with or without lip... 94-97 w/o a lip looks fugly

g3teg97

Super Moderator
If I sell the 98+ front I don't have to get new headlights and I could make a little profit. I think the '97 with the lip looks damn good when done right...

But the 98+ is so hot!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I know, but if my mom files a claim and they only replace what year I have...I'll have to talk to her about it.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had a chance to do a 98+ bumper when I had that windstorm damage 5 months back. But I don't like the 98+ front bumper that much more than the 94-97 to get me to spend the extra money for the headlights and corners. It is a tough choice, the cost made the decision for me. Plus, I didn't want to pay someone else to put it on when I can do it myself, but it was February at the time. brrrr
I've heard some people say they think the 94-97 style is more understated and classier :what:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Are you sure about the "only replace parts of the same year" thing? I've found ways around that with Progressive and Amica. You can ask the body shop doing the work to buy the 98+ bumper, offer to pay the difference if there even is one. I did that with a body shop and got a new 98+ rear bumper instead of a 94-97 a couple years ago.
Amica just cut me a check, so i could go out myself and find the best prices for what I needed to replace.

k624ash

I did the 98-01 front bumper and i love it, i also paired it up with a wings west lip. I say put on the 98

JSPEC Ek9

- VeLoCiTy -
to be honest, the red integra looks so mujch better with that front lip on.....but in a way i kinda like the 98-01 front end better.....you know what? fuck both of it and do a JDM Type R conversion!!!!

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
TegSox said:
Are you sure about the "only replace parts of the same year" thing? I've found ways around that with Progressive and Amica. You can ask the body shop doing the work to buy the 98+ bumper, offer to pay the difference if there even is one. I did that with a body shop and got a new 98+ rear bumper instead of a 94-97 a couple years ago.
Amica just cut me a check, so i could go out myself and find the best prices for what I needed to replace.
from what i understand as long as you are the full owner of the car then the insurance company has to cut you a check for the damage. all that crap about taking it to a body shop and the insurance company paying the body shop is a bunch of bullshit. if you tell them that the damage is something you can live with and not have fixed then thats up to you... but you still need to be paid for any and all damage. so just make them send you a check and cash that bitch then do whatever you want with the money. thats what i plan on doing once i get a hold of the insurance companies (damn holiday) and im gonna get a nice big check and then do what i can to fix my car myself. what little im unable to fix ill take to a body shop and hopefully be able to pocket about half the money

but yeah i wouldnt get the 98 just because of the cost. just get a nice lip for the 94-97. either that or you spend the big bucks and go with the jdm front :thumbs up