Samurai Blue's Integra Build

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Well heres my observations so far, they are both "universal" between obd1-obd2 since they have the nozzle on the top for the charcoal canister. But the Edelbrock is more geared towards OBD1 since it has the fittings for the FITV where the skunk2 does not (my main reasoning for getting this throttle body) The bottom half is constructed more like an OBD2 throttle body which bypasses the FITV. They are both constructed similar to stock. Plus the Skunk2 one is half the price. Main reason for getting skunk over edelbrock's ITR one. But the Edelbrock is CARB

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
changed the timing belt because we needed to change the cam seal, well changed that and the belt because something was eating the belt and then motor wouldnt start. think the plugs are bad -____-

natron84

been waiting a while to see this thread...i wasn't disappointed :thumbs up

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ive been asked this kind of alot VIA texts and it was pertaining to how i broke my motor in i did the following:

first start up (when doing coolant/cleaning up) ran SAW30 Oil (non detergent)
Drained oil/changed to 5w30
Ran it like i stole it in gears 2,3,4 taking it from 2500 to redline (6500, limp mode was engaged due to knock sensor vtec etc.) Engine breaking is a must as this helps create vacume which helps seal the rings.
This is done for 20 miles

Did a compression test at 200 miles and compression is still building, it takes about 1500 miles to do fully,.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Ive been asked this kind of alot VIA texts and it was pertaining to how i broke my motor in i did the following:

first start up (when doing coolant/cleaning up) ran SAW30 Oil (non detergent)
Drained oil/changed to 5w30
Ran it like i stole it in gears 2,3,4 taking it from 2500 to redline (6500, limp mode was engaged due to knock sensor vtec etc.) Engine breaking is a must as this helps create vacume which helps seal the rings.
This is done for 20 miles

Did a compression test at 200 miles and compression is still building, it takes about 1500 miles to do fully,.
Good stuff Dylan. Minus the "Engine breaking". :mrgreen: