BeatBox's New Project 98 Acura Integra

Peeples

Ok so that website with the songs on it was pretty awesome i only downloaded one ZIP do you recommended and of the ZIP folders

BeatBox

Real Good!
no problem, he updates them once a month and for free cant beat it
plus the music is done right, not "clipped" it messes up your subs if the music is clipped

BeatBox

Real Good!
little update, car is cleared out ready to build

the $20 door panels, 2 cans of 99c rattle can paint and then 1 half of 1 can of more expensive flat black spray paint.
they almost look better than the ones i took out lol

gots to keep mah suede klean brah :rofl: Ill take what u can see off once the wall is built

Robert is on his way up here, we'll make plans and hopefully a box design for tomorow

BeatBox

Real Good!
oh well check out the prigress, some integra owners will hate for doing this to the car lol

I wanna thank Robert for coming up and helping out with the build, he did alot of work and sad to say we had one casualty his router died in the line of duty :(

Day started off pretty good a little cloudy had to borrow a truck to get the mdf, ended up buying a bunch of small stuff that adds up quick but what ever it takes to get it done!

Running the power and ground wire

Fuses under the hood, on the drivers side

Grounds on the pass side

Then running them all under the center of the wall so it takes less wire

The front half of the wall, its bolted down to the cross brace under it. Gas tank was right under so we had alittle bit of a hard time figuring out where to bolt it down to

then the rear half

top of it was suppose to be squared off but the hatch wouldnt close <_<
Robert hacked the edge off and it closes now, its really close the glass sits on the boxes edge
We had planned to fiber glass it but i figured this would be easier, then add fiber glass on the inside

added some support on the inside, there will also be a 2x4 going front to back once the baffle is in

still some room up there, also along the sides. some trim pieces will go into effect soon

BeatBox

Real Good!
still some room up there, also along the sides. some trim pieces will go into effect soon

heres the baffle, its doubled up and then flush mount piece.
CAN I HAZ SOME PORT?!
just sitting over each other in the last pic not centered or any thing

putting the batteries in the spare tire part, made alittle battery rack outta mdf and bolted it down

cut the notch for some wire to go thru

here is the battery in its place

BeatBox

Real Good!
for the fuses....im gonna make my own unless i get a deal imma run this for now
2 on each side, running 3 runs of + but might add another soon so

in the car, bolted down. the reason the sides are higher is beacause there will be a false floor about 6in higher than what it is now so it will hide the batteries and all u will see is the amp on top

wiring the batteries
2 runs of + to the left battery
1 run + to the right battery
1 run of - from the front to the back, ONE FOR EACH batt
1 - run FROM EACH neg on the batteries to the chasis
+ to + and then - to -

fusing, only one on the other side

neg front to back

ground from battery to car

everything but the + ran, wires are there ready to bolt up

with half the wall and the batteries car dropped an inch, hoping for TWO all set and done

Last edited:

BeatBox

Real Good!
Alittle something i put together

bass knob in the dimmer control

left is oem right is hacked up lol

TheEpicenter's knob will be in the cigarette lighter :ninja:

Gonna drive the car around half torn appart, got the rear half mostly done next will be the inside then the baffle, trim pabels and so on.....

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? if something looks iffy or you have advice let me know since its pretty early in the build still

Peeples

Thats crazy, Looks to be going great. BTW love the idea with the light dimmer as a bass knob... Would have never thought but such a great idea

BeatBox

Real Good!
looks pretty good hombre. keep up the good work!
thanks!
Thats crazy, Looks to be going great. BTW love the idea with the light dimmer as a bass knob... Would have never thought but such a great idea
yeah its a :ninja: move
i hate seeing them on the side or interior panels they look outta place
dimmer switch will still be hooked up behind the dash

did some work today

got some stuff to make it alittle easier to sand
had this for while, makes sanding a whole lot easier

stared off by sanding the inside part we left it long so it would be perfectly even after sanding

and after

top edge

added some pieces to the outside for the trim panels for later

making the sides for the port, trying to make it the same width all the way sucked but got it done

here it is with the baffle, not perfect but im happy with it. flush mount piece is still not on

outside in pics

port still need another 4-5inches added to the back witch should be pretty easy, i get that done next and then im going fiber glass some of the corners.
and nothing is sanded for good, cauk is drying then ill add some bondo

DWATTS5250

Well she looked 18!....
OMFG!!! Thats...just...wow...uh....Im at an loss for words. Its awesome, but I sure in the hell wouldnt want them f*ckers facing me.
So after its all hooked up and pounding....are you gonna start taking Sign Language, cuz wont no one near you gonna be able to talk.
Are your windows gonna be able to stay mounted in the car where they should be...or is that gonna put some nasty pressure on them???
Looks good..Im not hating..just Jealous.

Peeples

If it was up to me i wouldn't have those things right in my ear lmao... But i havent heard a system like that so IDK :p

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
OMFG!!! Thats...just...wow...uh....Im at an loss for words. Its awesome, but I sure in the hell wouldnt want them f*ckers facing me.
So after its all hooked up and pounding....are you gonna start taking Sign Language, cuz wont no one near you gonna be able to talk.
Are your windows gonna be able to stay mounted in the car where they should be...or is that gonna put some nasty pressure on them???
Looks good..Im not hating..just Jealous.
thats what the "dimmer switch" is for, so he can crank it down unless hes at a competition.