Mirrorimg's build thread

mirrorimg

Since only 2 horns worked, I wired them up and they are ready to hook up. Had to use a relay because of how the Cadillac fans work. I will be able to test them in the upcoming days since it rained today.

Took a shot of my porter cable, pads, and towels. I need more milk crates to hold all of this stuff! I buffed my dad's truck to get the hang of things, and because it needed it badly. I will be using sealant instead of wax (or at least before it) because it protects for much longer.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
Oh yea? What base? Just in time for the temperatures to start falling :???:
I'm going to Portsmouth Naval Hospital even though I'm a grunt corpsman and should be with the marine division but... whatever. I can get back to my fiance and cars now.

mirrorimg

I didnt do what I wanted this weekend, as the truck had some serious brake problems. I wont be putting my head in until I have a reliable car to drive to and from work while the Integra is out of commission.

I started out Friday tackling the front calipers. Got the driver side front all buttoned up, but the passenger side's bleeder valve was rusted off, and a brake line stuck on the caliper. Picked up a reman'd caliper and ordered the brake line, so she sits until I can finish the brakes. I also plan on rebuilding the read drums. Have all the springs and the drum pad, but it will be a first for me.

This is what I did to my car. One of the horns was just a failure, so I used 1 of the 3 I bought as well as the horn I put on that came off an Intrepid. Pictures do the talking. Horn is much louder and will get peoples attention. You can also see the speaker port/ velocity stack installed on my intake pipe.

Before and After

mirrorimg

Abec 7's ;)

I like to roll as far as I can. That was one of my first "modifications" when I did my hood latch relocation!

speedin

The Transporter
Nice horn Jason. :thumbs up Every time I honk my horn I get laughed at :cry:.
I never use mine, because in an emergency men swerve to avoid the crash and dont have time to honk. Women lay on the horn and plow straight into the accident. :lol:

jznsn2u

I never use mine, because in an emergency men swerve to avoid the crash and dont have time to honk. Women lay on the horn and plow straight into the accident. :lol:
I use my horn to honk at people standing on the street with signs that say "honk to support breast cancer walk event ". Or "honk if you're horny" :lol:.

mirrorimg

I avoid accidents, but I also like to make a point to let the other driver know how much of a complete idiot they are.

mirrorimg

Got some work going today. Took some PTO to get the exhaust done and that didnt work out as planned. So I said what the hell and got to the motor. I'll let the pics do the talking.

I definitely need some new front tires. My alignment is pretty far off and chewing them up. I will probably get some new ones in 2 weeks, and replace my CV boots during that time.

I also realized that my coolant level has been dropping because of my radiator... This is my GodSpeed radiator I picked up from eBay. The fins on this side has also shifted and bowed out. Dont know why.

The two heads side by side

And garaged up for the night. I swapped over the parts from the stock manifold, and realized the throttle cable bracket location on the S2 intake is different. Not sure what I am going to need to hook it up just yet