B18b?

hamfacekilla

so i got this 90 RS teg for free with a blown stock B18A1 so i swap it out for a B18B, the motor comes with intake manifold and distributor and some other things, the problem is none of the parts that came with it are usable (they dont fit my car) none of the plugs match or anything. my question is what year is this motor, im guessing its gotta be maybe 3rd gen because these parts are all so different. so what gen. did the B18B come from? (theres no B18B1 on the block just B18B) any guess would be awesome!

esco115

Fawk a Title!
b18b is a jdm rare motor that honda put out in the 90-91 da's... it failed as it only made 130hp but same torque as the a1/b1. I dont see why nothing fits as it should be obd0... unless its previous owner(s) swapped some stuff around...

hamfacekilla

whats OBD0 and OBD1? and i got the engine from tigerjapanese.com with 25 thousand on it great motor just curious why the plugs for everything were different

esco115

Fawk a Title!
obd0 obd1 obd2 are systems that cars run in... (trying to explain it the easiest way possible) obd0 are for cars date 91 or older, obd1 are cars dated 92-95, obd2 cars dated 96 and newer... btw obd=On-Board Diagnostics

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
plugs should still be the same reguardless, OBD1/OBD2/OBD0 all have to do with sensors and the cat. shouldnt effect the spark plugs, now if it was a vtec motor it would be different

esco115

Fawk a Title!
plugs should still be the same reguardless, OBD1/OBD2/OBD0 all have to do with sensors and the cat. shouldnt effect the spark plugs, now if it was a vtec motor it would be different
are u fkn serious? whos talking about plugs anyway? btw NO its not all the same, obd0 is far from being compatible with obd1 or even less 2...

heykosal

Angkorian
so i got this 90 RS teg for free with a blown stock B18A1 so i swap it out for a B18B, the motor comes with intake manifold and distributor and some other things, the problem is none of the parts that came with it are usable (they dont fit my car) none of the plugs match or anything. my question is what year is this motor, im guessing its gotta be maybe 3rd gen because these parts are all so different. so what gen. did the B18B come from? (theres no B18B1 on the block just B18B) any guess would be awesome!
Are yall retarded? The OP definitely did:roll:

Quick6

If you want to know the history of the B - series Honda motor go to: wikipedia and search b18b. It will give a link that says "B series honda engine" click on it. Info is usefull. Tells small history of were motor comes from and what cars it came in. Has small details on specs.