B18b?

tilegend

b18b is a jdm rare motor that honda put out in the 90-91 da's... it failed as it only made 130hp but same torque as the a1/b1. I dont see why nothing fits as it should be obd0... unless its previous owner(s) swapped some stuff around...
far from rare.

its the equivalent to the USDM B18B1... JDM motors don't have the last digit stamped to the engine block code.

afaik the 90-91DAs only received the B18As and the 90-91 versions were rated at 130hp also.

the only DAs that received different motors were in Japan and only on the ZXi, RZi, and, TXi which got the 1.6L ZC SOHC motor and the XSi, RSi which got the 1.6L B16 DOHC.

hamfacekilla, either search on here or g2ic.com for B18B swap, a fair amount of people have done it, some people just use their original top end parts such as the intake manifold, distributor, injectors, fuel rail... etc

Last edited:

hamfacekilla

i dont want to know anything about the swap cuz its already in my car i just want to know where it came from and why the parts that came with it dont fit, i would sell the extra parts but i dont know the year of them witch is another reason why i started this thread. just want to know if anyone knows where this engine came from, i started a new thread about this tag i found saying that the engine is a 96 so if some one could PLEASE JUST TELL ME THE YEAR! that would be great, thx

tilegend

i dont want to know anything about the swap cuz its already in my car i just want to know where it came from and why the parts that came with it dont fit, i would sell the extra parts but i dont know the year of them witch is another reason why i started this thread. just want to know if anyone knows where this engine came from, i started a new thread about this tag i found saying that the engine is a 96 so if some one could PLEASE JUST TELL ME THE YEAR! that would be great, thx
suit yourself... you're not going to find out how to get the B18B running then...

the reason why i said nothing plugs up is because of the difference between OBD0 and OBD1

if you're is a 96 then its OBD2

and if you did search for the b18b swap you would understand that difference and see what others have done to get it working..

good luck

hamfacekilla

lol it is running, its in my car, i under stand now why the parts dont fit, (i used my old parts) and im gonna look up some of those threads cuz i wanna find out how to use the new parts.
thx

tilegend

oh you should've been more clear... lol

http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7566
heres info on using the intake manifold

if your manifold comes with the throttle body then use that and just extend the wires from the original map sensor to the one on top of the T/B

fuel rail / injectors you dont really need to swap over. unless you want to... just search OBD0 - OBD1 conversion and you'll find out info on how to take out the resistor box

and the distributor... you'll need to do OBD0-OBD1 conversion.

hamfacekilla

thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much dude i couldnt find this stuff anywhere if you could find some more links for the OBD0-OBD1 that would be awesome!

esco115

Fawk a Title!
far from rare.

its the equivalent to the USDM B18B1... JDM motors don't have the last digit stamped to the engine block code.

afaik the 90-91DAs only received the B18As and the 90-91 versions were rated at 130hp also.

the only DAs that received different motors were in Japan and only on the ZXi, RZi, and, TXi which got the 1.6L ZC SOHC motor and the XSi, RSi which got the 1.6L B16 DOHC.

hamfacekilla, either search on here or g2ic.com for B18B swap, a fair amount of people have done it, some people just use their original top end parts such as the intake manifold, distributor, injectors, fuel rail... etc
it is rare as its an obd0 engine... I wasnt even thinking about obd1 or 2... that was my bad on part... I know about JDM motors but thanks for the class... lol besides the known ZC and b16's that everyine in the their mothers know... limited production of b18b in the DA's from 90-91 were made with this engine with only 130hp also as the a1's here in the US.

esco115

Fawk a Title!
^ I wasnt thinking about the obd1 or obd2 b18b's... i was only thinking about obd0 for some odd reason... but yes it could be an obd1 or obd 2 motor itself... thats why I said what I siad... got it?