Tranny choice??

BIGB90teg

Just curious about which tranny I should use for my all motor LS should I use a B16 w/LSD or a GSR w/LSD? I have no experience with trannies that's y I'm asking I do some interstate traveling but rarely so it would be mostly city and around town driving!

NcSi

well at about 70 in 5th with th b16 you'll be in vtec lol...........the b16 has better gearing for lets say the 1/4 but the gsr will be better if ur dding it :)

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
I had a b16 cable tranny with my LS and I redlined in 5th a 120mph. It was nice for the 1/4 mile and light to light racing but if your looking for distance forget it go with the gsr tranny.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I have a question about the b16 tranny. Which b16 are you guys talking about? the 99-00 Civic Si b16? Because those gears didn't seem very short at all when my bro smashed on one in his LS. :D Video on youtube! Rawr!

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i had a USDM 97'spec Type R tranny on my LS and with my cams I was revving to 8K...in 4th gear I would end around 100-105 i think...b16/type r are nice for the quarter...but highway races FTL

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
i had a USDM 97'spec Type R tranny on my LS and with my cams I was revving to 8K...in 4th gear I would end around 100-105 i think...b16/type r are nice for the quarter...but highway races FTL
When I get my Jetta chipped (higher redline, 6500<7200), I hit 115-120mph in 3rd gear. :) 45-50 in 1st, 70 in 2nd... Probably 135 in 4th... I have such tall gears! Even now my 3rd is like 95-100mph...

I wish I had shorter gears for better acceleration; but my 2.8liter V6 has too much torque for short gears :) And my top end is amazing! I bet your gas mileage goes down like crazy with the b16 tranny too

BIGB90teg

Only asking cuz dude told me his built LS with a B16 tranny he was running like 5g's on the interstate that's y I wasn't sure I should use the B16 u know! Prolly just go with the GSR then unless someone tells me different about the B16 cuz I think id like those short snappy gears!

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
As long as you don't do a lot of highway driving, you'll like the b16... I wouldn't doubt it at 5k... 4th gear ends at 100mph, so yeah at 70-80mph you'll probably be in the 4k range....

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
When I get my Jetta chipped (higher redline, 6500<7200), I hit 115-120mph in 3rd gear. :) 45-50 in 1st, 70 in 2nd... Probably 135 in 4th... I have such tall gears! Even now my 3rd is like 95-100mph...

I wish I had shorter gears for better acceleration; but my 2.8liter V6 has too much torque for short gears :) And my top end is amazing! I bet your gas mileage goes down like crazy with the b16 tranny too
actually i get around 30mph going down the freeway at 80mph sittin at 4500rpms!!!

BIGB90teg

Well since I hardly ever drive on the interstate I think I might try the B16 tranny out cuz I'm sure I'm gonna love the short gears I mean hell I drive a Honda so who the hell needs to go above 120 lol if u can't get it done b4 then, then don't try hahaha just kiddin but yeah B16 it is! Thanx for the info and opinions!

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
I have a question about the b16 tranny. Which b16 are you guys talking about? the 99-00 Civic Si b16? Because those gears didn't seem very short at all when my bro smashed on one in his LS. :D Video on youtube! Rawr!
Talking about the J1 tranny out of the Integra XSI (Not sure what else it came in).