High Idle Help PLEASE

91Teggy

Just the other day my integra randomly started idling really high when its cold it idles at around 2100-2200 and when it warms up its somewhere between 1200 and 1700 and i cant figure out whats causing it, the checkengine light hasnt come on yet either. help me please!:cry:

STAYFIT

if its not that, clean your iacv valve the screen might be dirty.

91Teggy

i checked all my vaccum lines and there all fine and i cleaned the screen on the iacv valve im pretty sure, i cleaned the thing thats right the back of my intake between it and the firewall i took it off and cleaned it out really good but i cant get it any lower

STAYFIT

the iacv could be bad, check your o2 sensors. if that doesnt work then pull the carpet back on the passenger side and you'll see a brss colored box thats your computer there should be a little window on that with an led light when you turn the key to the "on" possition it will blink and the blinking is a code ill find the link to the website that has the codes on it in a second but try that.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
i know you checked all your vaccum lines...a good way to tell is spray brake cleaner around all the lines and any other place that air could leak in (fuel injectors/IM gasket)

91Teggy

i know you checked all your vaccum lines...a good way to tell is spray brake cleaner around all the lines and any other place that air could leak in (fuel injectors/IM gasket)
I dld but i used carb cleaner and i sprayed it all over lol. im goin to look at my computer in the morning and see if that helps me out in any way, ill let you all know.

so i just went and checked right now and when i turn the car to ON it flashes one quick red blink of the led according to the code chart this is my o2 sensor is that right?

Last edited:

STAYFIT

uhm, mine did also and i changed it and it still does it i think thats more of a check light i dont think your o2 sensor is bad but if you take it out and it looks dirty and fouled i think i payed 24.xx for a bosh sensor so its worth a shot and if its not that you still have a new fresh sensor. so its a win win even if one is a better win lol.

91Teggy

so i put a new o2 sensor, turns out it makes that quick red blink every time you turn it on. so, im stumped, how do you clear the computer of codes? kuz i unplugged my throttle position sensor to make sure my check engine light worked, which it does but now the computer is reading a code 7 which is the throttle angle, i plugged the sensor back in and the light is off but the computer is still reading the same thing. so ?

Thanks so much for all the help

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
so i put a new o2 sensor, turns out it makes that quick red blink every time you turn it on. so, im stumped, how do you clear the computer of codes? kuz i unplugged my throttle position sensor to make sure my check engine light worked, which it does but now the computer is reading a code 7 which is the throttle angle, i plugged the sensor back in and the light is off but the computer is still reading the same thing. so ?

Thanks so much for all the help
disconnect the battery and take out the ECU fuse for about 1 min and then connect everything back

91Teggy

Disconnected the battery and cleared the ecu, now i have no code, and i re-checked the iacv valve, cleaned it and checked the entire engine for vaccum leaks again and still cant find it.

91Teggy

yes the idle is still the same, im wondering if i should change the iacv? or what should i do?