High Idle Help PLEASE

91Teggy

:DHere it is, i just got into some checking and took off my intake, turns out that a piece of my cheap ass airfilter,(came with the car, i didnt buy) came off and was directly in front of the throttle plate blocking it, thus the loss of power and a high idle. i took the piece out and its fine now, i snapped some pics of it just so you can see. Thanks for all the help guys.

91Teggy

So its still idling high, but its all controlled by my iacv because when i unplug it the car runs at normal rpm range, so something is telling my computer that my car needs more air, and also my idle is like "hunting" where it has a slight range and im wondering if anyone can help.

STAYFIT

well, if its your iacv then you can replace it the valve is probly bad. your iacv just lets more air in when you engine is cold it works on coolant temp thats why you have the lines running to it. if it runs okay with it unplugged then i dont see a problem you'll just have to keep the car at a good idle when you first start it when its cold. i think that would work. wouldnt it?

91Teggy

it actually compensates well and dosnt idle bad but i havnt had a full cold start ill see how it does in the morning, but it would seem that the valve is working because i plug it in and it works properly but the signal coming to it is telling it to idle high... so what do you think about that, i may try and find a new iacv just to see but there not the cheapest.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
reset your ecu.

You had a HUGE block in the air flow.... ECU might be preped for that.

spooledu24

fast idle valve sticking. it is under the TB you can take it off and clean it. take you intake off and there are 2 holes before the throttle plate try pluggin them 1 at a time and if your idle drops to normal then you know its the FIV.