Help Plz, fan stays on

93GSTeggy

Banned
ok so i washed my integra, and now my cooling fan stays on all the time and wont shut off, its only on, its the small one on the right in front of the header,can someone help me?

STAYFIT

mine wont turn on lol. is there awrite up on how to do that?

93GSTeggy

Banned
yah it stays on even when i shut the car off and nothing else is on. it only goes off if i unplug it or take the batt off....

wite2nr

humm... my moms volvo does that after you shut the car off but its kind of like a turbo timer. id wire it to a switch so you can turn it on/off manually.

STAYFIT

well, the fans are comp controlled on a timer. it stays on after the car is off to pull air through the rad to cool the fluid down so if there is a restart the water isnt hot when it re-enters the motor.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Power Enterprise makes a bad ass fan controller. It is a oil temperature and coolant temperature gauge and fan controller in one. You just turn a knob to set the fans to come on at whatever temperature you choose

I'm not sure if they make it for your car but it's worth a look

STAYFIT

i would try to let it sit and see what happens, i think its probly working properly and you're just thinking its not. let it go and see if it shuts off after the engine is cool enough to touch (use common sense when your checking that, im not responsible if you burn the shit out of yourself.) and if they stay on so long that your battery dies then wire them to a switch.