Aussie's Project "Richee"

speedin

The Transporter
This project is named after a friend of mine who had a DC2 but now rolls around in a DC5. Same spelling and all. Thought id share that ;)

Nice build as always Aussie

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Isn't the usual VTEC engagement 4400?
On the B17 the stock vtec boundary is between 5-6k. This is dependent upon the manifold pressure, throttle position, speed, etc.

If you set the vtec point too low the engine will lose oil pressure and possibly damage the engine. You shouldn't go below 2000k, yes that's low.

If you go too high the high speed cam rocker arm may float on the lost motion assembly, damaging the valve spring retainers. You shouldn't go over 6500k.

Generally the rule of thumb is to do two dyno runs, one with vtec set low, the other with vtec set high. Set the vtec point to the intersection of the high speed cam and the low speed cam. You want as smooth as a transition as possible, if your losing hp at vtec engagement then raise the vtec point. Conversely if your gaining too much hp at vtec engagement then lower the point.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
This project is named after a friend of mine who had a DC2 but now rolls around in a DC5. Same spelling and all. Thought id share that ;)

Nice build as always Aussie
Yea, My wife named him after the motor build. It was appropriate I guess:lol:

Thanks as always ;)

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Update on the build thread. Just ordered a PLX-M300TE wideband. Can't wait till it gets here.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Hasn't been any updates for a while. Hopefully when you this PLX you can make a small write up.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I will and I will be the definition of making more power by tuning. Videos will definitely be up!

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
so um....can our cars get married?

They aree both green...old and have gay names-

97= Suzie

opposites attract.
:lol: