91 b16a2 turbo w/fuel cut please help

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Buddy of mine told me it could possibly be the map sensor where over boosting the map sensor when it hits peak pressure in third gear the ecu goes into limp mode making it so the car is undriveable until shut off and started again, gonna try putting some one way check valves in and turning the boost down until able to get bigger injectors and a stand alone system, any thoughts on that?
well if it is a stock map sensor then you should upgrade to a 3 bar map sensor or a "missing link"

ya i have one of those air to fuel gagues in my subby and it isnt accurate at all
Thats because the one you have is a narrow band and is just there to blink.
Persnally, I think that a boosted car needs a boost gauge(obviously), a wideband O2, and a data-logger if your tuning program doesnt have one built in. An EGT gauge is nice to have also. And all must be in good working order so they are accurate.

That_sick_LS

lol, those gauges in his subaru dont even work thats why they are not accurate but i will look into getting a wide band as soon as I have some money, until than I think i am gonna turn the boost down and try putting in some of these check valves thanks for all the help guys

91b16a2teg

hey question with 2 fuel pumps a fmu and a afc with stock injectors could it be putting too much fuel in and just flooding the motor out? o and the gauges in my subby did work but they wired them to the motor and they got difffused lol so they need to be rewired but thats a whole new topic

91b16a2teg

UPDATE!!!! Ok I now have this car and driving it, it is running wayyyyy to rich but only when i step on it good for daily driving but i figured out that if i WOT the car shuts off bout 6-7g in ANY gear so it leads me to believe from some info from my friends ridin behind me that my car is shutting off from to much fuel being pumped in, it back fires black smoke after stomping on it so its letting the excess fuel out of the car, parts that car has for fuel system.....FMU, Apexi Vtec Air and fuel controller and walbaro fuel pump, stock injectors like discussed already and motor is running rich when being stomped on sorry for repeating myself just trying to see wats up, its pushing way to much boost but i dont get into turbo for now since i am being nice, i need to find a screw for the waste gate so i can turn down the boost been reading b16 should only be pusing 8-10psi on stock internals fmu should only be going with like 6psi so I will be getting bigger injectors and I am going to check which ecu i have later today to see if I need an adapter to become obd1 unless anyone knows any systems that can be connected up to and obd0 would be great help thanks alot everyone

That_sick_LS

lol sorry yall the post above was suppose to be mine using my friends comp, he was automatically signed in lol i own the car

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
lol sorry yall the post above was suppose to be mine using my friends comp, he was automatically signed in lol i own the car
I was wondering why the hell ya'll had the same IP address. I was starting to think you were talking to yourself lol

UPDATE!!!! Ok I now have this car and driving it, it is running wayyyyy to rich but only when i step on it good for daily driving but i figured out that if i WOT the car shuts off bout 6-7g in ANY gear so it leads me to believe from some info from my friends ridin behind me that my car is shutting off from to much fuel being pumped in, it back fires black smoke after stomping on it so its letting the excess fuel out of the car, parts that car has for fuel system.....FMU, Apexi Vtec Air and fuel controller and walbaro fuel pump, stock injectors like discussed already and motor is running rich when being stomped on sorry for repeating myself just trying to see wats up, its pushing way to much boost but i dont get into turbo for now since i am being nice, i need to find a screw for the waste gate so i can turn down the boost been reading b16 should only be pusing 8-10psi on stock internals fmu should only be going with like 6psi so I will be getting bigger injectors and I am going to check which ecu i have later today to see if I need an adapter to become obd1 unless anyone knows any systems that can be connected up to and obd0 would be great help thanks alot everyone
if its running that bad you need to park it until you get a tune.
to run an obd1 ecu in an obd0 car you need a jumper harness
get rid of the VAFC as soon as you can