Manual Swap

SFLS

Manual Swap/Torque Converter

I am considering a manual swap on my car or a level 10 torque coverter. Any info will help with my research. Any recommendations, set-ups.

Future plans:
LS Vtech (for manual swap)

Level 10 (if I stick with auto)
Is anyone running a level 10 torque converter?

Spirited occasional drive
Mountain runs
Basic bolt ons

Last edited:

Winki

Undercover mod
sell your car and buy a 5 speed ;)
best advice. i no lie

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
no its not a lot of money, but yes its a lot of work

iimo since its auto, keep it as a stock daily driver. you can save or sell. but if you have the resources to get it swapped, i say go for it nothing beats driving a stick shift. 8)

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The TQ converter is only $600, but what kind of power does the auto tranny stay reliiable to?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Yes, go with the stage 2, thats what I have. You should also install a tranny cooler.

mteg

Automatic Lover
what kind of upgrade would the stage two be. I only plan on doing basic bolt ons
Stage 1 is barely noticable from what I'm told. Basically that delay when you stomp on the gas from a dead stop is drastically reduced. A stage 2 is perfectly safe to run on a stock tranny. I reccomend the tranny cooler because it will prolong the life of your tranny, but will also help maintain the performance of your tranny. You will probably be more satisfied with the gain from the tc, than you will with just a header, intake, and exhaust.