200hp ls vtec

acurater

looking to get 200 whp out of my ls vtec. I have b18b bottom end 81.50mmm bore ,pr3 pistons(oem),shot pean ls rods,b16 head with stock cams,arp rod bolts.built the right way.i have a pr3 obd 1 ecu chipped with crome,using ITR base map.ITR intake mani. I am running a stock ls exhaust mani,aem intake.
I am guessing that my engine now is around 170whp ish.
just looking for your suggestion on cams,header and tuning to bring the engine closer to my goals.
thanks

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
looking to get 200 whp out of my ls vtec. I have b18b bottom end 81.50mmm bore ,pr3 pistons(oem),shot pean ls rods,b16 head with stock cams,arp rod bolts.built the right way.i have a pr3 obd 1 ecu chipped with crome,using ITR base map.ITR intake mani. I am running a stock ls exhaust mani,aem intake.
I am guessing that my engine now is around 170whp ish.
just looking for your suggestion on cams,header and tuning to bring the engine closer to my goals.
thanks
Header - DC Sports or GReddy
Exhaust - What do you have right now? I suggesting getting a straight-through one
Cams- Skunk2, Buddy Club, Toda, Spoon, etc.
Valvetrain- valve springs & retainers
ECU- Hondata S100, S200, S300 (Take your pick)

Get it tuned and BAM! You should be on your way.

Welcome to CI BTW!

acurater

I am only running a stock exhaust,with a fart cannon(this is the first thing to go)drives me nuts.
I can get a set of toda spec b stage 2 sticks ,anyone run these???
what would you suggest for a exhaust?????

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I am only running a stock exhaust,with a fart cannon(this is the first thing to go)drives me nuts.
I can get a set of toga spec b stage 2 sticks ,anyone run these???
what would you suggest for a exhaust?????
Toda Spec B cams should be good. For exhaust, I'd suggest getting 2.5 inch custom piping and getting a universal muffler. Some good brands:

1) Magnaflow
2) A'PEXi
3) HKS
4) Buddy Club
5) Tanabe

There are others. You just have to search.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I wouldn't run DC Sports anything.

If anything get a quality header. If you're low on cash get the Hytech replica. Bout 300 or so.

heykosal

Angkorian
I definitely wouldnt choose DC or Greddy. It would be best for you to go with a full Hytech exhaust(manifold, cat, piping). The quality is definitely worth it, and itll definitely make more power than pretty much any other header out there. Im pretty sure theyll bolt to any B-series block. Correct me if i am wrong.

And definitely go with Skunk2 all the way up top.
Best bang for your buck:thumbs up

Thought about raising compression?

With a good tune(Hondata FTW!) this setup will be pretty darn close to 200whp if not like 201 or something LOL.

EDIT: Oh BTW pics or ban!!!!

Last edited:

santanard

VTAKKKK
i say hytech header and a buddy club spec2 ha i guess its cause i love that exhaust..
i say get custom 2.5 piping with maybe a magnaflow muffler?

Bizkit64

Yo?
i say hytech header and a buddy club spec2 ha i guess its cause i love that exhaust..
i say get custom 2.5 piping with maybe a magnaflow muffler?
Apprently there is a Hytech replica header that performs VERY well... Read up on it on Honda-Tech... and LMK lol...

For my LSVTEC build I am to looking for around 170-200HP, my ideas are:

Intake: PW JDM / J's racing also looked at this one: http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_engine_2/ (there is a thread on it on Honda-Tech)
Cams: Skunk2 pro 1 or pro 2 (I was told Pro-2 would hurt the stock pistons... so ehh)
Intake manifold: Skunk2 or blox
Skunk2 throttle body... etc etc

and a few other things... Dunno on header atm yet a lot of replica header(s) are getting pretty nice if you ask me

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Apprently there is a Hytech replica header that performs VERY well... Read up on it on Honda-Tech... and LMK lol...

For my LSVTEC build I am to looking for around 170-200HP, my ideas are:

Intake: PW JDM / J's racing also looked at this one: http://www.memoryfab.com/products/detail_engine_2/ (there is a thread on it on Honda-Tech)
Cams: Skunk2 pro 1 or pro 2 (I was told Pro-2 would hurt the stock pistons... so ehh)
Intake manifold: Skunk2 or blox
Skunk2 throttle body... etc etc

and a few other things... Dunno on header atm yet a lot of replica header(s) are getting pretty nice if you ask me
You also need an ECU to tune.

acurater

thanks for all the replys guys
I will post some pics of the engine build soon.
why do you guys say i need a ecu????what should i run?????