GSR Intake vs LS Intake sound

95maineteg

Hey
Ive got a 95 integra gsr with a short ram intake. I also have a cat back exhaust. Any way I cant hear the intake when you really stomp on her. My bro has a 96 integra GS (i think) non vtec with a short ram intake and when you throtle his car the intake is rediculous loud (deep throaty sound). put my intake on his car and same nice loud throaty noise, but his intake on my teg and you cant hear it. I notice my intake manifold curls down, while his curls up. will that make much of a difference? didnt know if anyone else is having this problem. Also has anyone sucked up water with a short ram intake?

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
it curls down? the actual IM? mine is pretty loud, i have the stock intake tube modified to fit a cone filter

TypeR?

yes the stock gsr intake manifolds "curl down" instead of up like a single runner intake manifold(i.e. type r, skunk2, blox) but that has nothing to do with the reason you cannot hear the intake.
does your buddy's car have an exhaust too? i would be willing to bet that your exhaust is just louder than the sound of air being sucked into the intake. believe me its still working, and have you tried listening for it with the hood open?

95maineteg

yes i have listened to it with the hood up and it sounds nothing like my bros intake. i had the intake on before the exhaust and it sounds the same. you can hear a slight whistle at a certain rmp and then you loose it when rpm goes up or down. No my bros car doesnt have an exhaut, but the intake sounds awesome.

TypeR?

while driving i cant hear it over my exhaust
with my hood popped when i pull the throttle cable i can hear it sucking air like its supposed to

yunwawa

if anything it shold sound like a someone sucking in air with their lips puckered. Regardless of what kind of exhaust system you have. In every car I've had an exhaust and intake on, I knew the best were the ones that make the noise I described. Also unless you have no passenger side wheel well cover/ bottom engine cover or your running through puddles there isn't a reason that the short ram should be sucking up water. Even with an ebay intake