usdm itr head

rspjean

i think im gonna keep running my b18c1 until i have everything ready to be tuned and dyno'd , you guys think i should go with a itr block or a b20 ?

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
isnt a ITR head better flowing than the GSR head? Besides the valve springs, whats the difference from a gsr head and ITR? I dont really know

rspjean

dunno but i picked up this usdm itr head still in the box from honda for 500 bucks so i had to buy it lol . friend of mines wrecked his teg and he had this sitting in his room ended up buying an ep3 and sold it to me for 500 bucks so he could buy headers

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
hey i just came across a usdm itr head but the problem is thats all. would this run terrible with my gsr block, intake and manifold ?
Are you saying this is a bare ITR head, or does it have its valvetrain?

u think i should look for type r intake and throttle body or should i go aftermarket?
Depends on what your future mods will be, what do you have planned?

rspjean said:
will the jdm itr header bolt on to my usdm head ? i found a guy selling one so i wanna know before i buy.
Yes it will, but for it to fit at the other end you'll need to buy a catalytic converter that is 12 inches long. I had a JDM ITR header on my GSR, so I know for sure. I bought a Carsound universal cat and had it cut to the proper legnth at a speed shop.

gsr tb will be fine. but after markert i would recomed but its all prefrence. it should bolt up to your head fine but the question will be weather it matches to your exhaust8)
Why would you recommend he put a GSR TB on a ITR head? That makes no sense. The ITR TB is 2mm larger bore, 62mm vs. 60mm.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
isnt a ITR head better flowing than the GSR head? Besides the valve springs, whats the difference from a gsr head and ITR? I dont really know
These are ALL the engine upgrades the ITR gets over a GSR:

The ITR head flows alot better than the GSR head. ITR heads are ported and polished by hand by Honda engineers, GSR heads aern't.

rspjean

its a complete head from honda what i ment was that it does not bring intake headers none of that

Winki

Undercover mod
Why would you recommend he put a GSR TB on a ITR head? That makes no sense. The ITR TB is 2mm larger bore, 62mm vs. 60mm.
just stating that its not needed :p he could always maxbore his Geezer tb lol the TB is probably the last thing you have to worrie about with the honda

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Yes. Better ports, valvesprings, cams......etc.

The one thing people are leaving out is that the GSR head has a smaller combustion chamber so just installing a Type R head will slightly reduce your compression

jdm jon

b16 Intake mani should work.....your gunna need a thinner headgasket......type head on a gsr block will lower the compression..(better for boost) but ...to make the power it has really shine, u wanna raise the compression.....

if you go with this set-up i recommend to keep it ALL MOTOR...its the start of a poor mans type R.

then ITR or CTR pistons (CTR's will be super high compression, i wouldnt recommend for daily driving)

and a b16 tranny.

the crossover point for vtec in these badboys are incredible.

-im not sure if its nesseccary but might need it tuned........it wouldnt hurt to get it street tuned either way.

G/L with all that

Last edited:

rspjean

b16 Intake mani should work.....your gunna need a thinner headgasket......type head on a gsr block will lower the compression..(better for boost) but ...to make the power it has really shine, u wanna raise the compression.....

if you go with this set-up i recommend to keep it ALL MOTOR...its the start of a poor mans type R.

then ITR or CTR pistons (CTR's will be super high compression, i wouldnt recommend for daily driving)

and a b16 tranny.

the crossover point for vtec in these badboys are incredible.

-im not sure if its nesseccary but might need it tuned........it wouldnt hurt to get it street tuned either way.

G/L with all that
would it be better to keep my gsr block or get a b20?

rspjean

so i decided im just gonna use my gsr block and i got ctr pistons for it , i think im gonna get the skunk2 intake mani for it but im not sure on what throttle body to get for 70mm be to much ? would i need new headers? or can i run my gsr headers

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
70mm would be way too much, that size is for a forced induction engine, not all motor.
You'll want to get a header that has a 2.5 inch collector to maximize top end HP, and consequently a 2.5 inch cat and exhaust.. What header do you have now?