What oil for a GSR????

96acdb8

ok so im not sure what oil to run nor what weight. gsr with 130k. anybody with an idea. let me know.

heykosal

Angkorian
it only says on the oil cap. i run mobil 1 5w30 btw.

i think recommended weight is 5w20 i could be wrong.

again, it says on the cap go double check.

TypeR?

i use torco 10w30 and a k&n s2000 filter

Last edited:

nautica_t

its really up to you what you use. Mobil 1 tends to burn more on vtec equipped motors. however i have no problems with it.

i personally run Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30 on my R with honda oem hamp filter (green)

but any motor isn't too bad as long as you give it a regular routine oil change.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I use Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic 5w-30 and Hamp oil filters. They're better than OEM Honda filters.

TypeR?

thats right, thats why i switched to the k&n filter. sorry it was like 7am when i posted lol. purolator i hear is good to they're not cardboard like the fram

PogKai

B20VTEC
OEM Honda oil filters are made by Fram. Personally, I don't like Fram. All my friends who are Honda tuners are using Hamp. I'm not saying OEM Honda filters aren't good. Just that Hamp is better.
not correct sir!
I work at a honda dealership.. 3 manufacturers make the filters:

- Toyo Roki
- Filtech
- Honeywell

I don't see a fram there!

96acdb8

well right now im using mobile 1 5w30 & purolator filter. it seems to be a good combo. one of the first oil changes i did i found some from quaker state...it was a high rpm...10w30. i mean it worked fine. and ive used mobile 1 filters. thanks for the help. ps... got the aem v2 put on....shweeeet:D