What oil for a GSR????

Backwoodz Tuner

Weight depends on where you live, and what type of climate your car lives in. Me I run a K and N filter with castrol full synthetic

TypeR?

"5w20/5w30 is recommended by honda buts its ok to run 10w30 if the area you live in doesnt see below 20 degree temps"

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
Is the filter the same size on the F20C or F22C engines. Because when I find out which one fits on my GS-R, I am going to get it before my next oil change.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
i used to use 10W30 mobil 1 full synthetic with a mobil 1 filter but ever since ive been working at pepboys i started using Royal Purple with a K&N Filter. BTW we use nothing ut purolator filters when working on cars in the shop.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
Valvoline max life full synthetic...best shit around...especially if your over 75k. i work at a valvoline. i have seen the resuts. and i use it myself. will stop any minor leak, plus give you the extra protection. i wouldnt go away from the factory reccomended weight. that will give the most horses. and if you do change, go lighter. stay away from pissoil (pennzoil, and quakerstate...they will gunk up the engine, especially if you drive hard). mobile 1 is ok if you can afford it. and most oil filters are basically the same. again i like valvoline filters. the filter number on hondas is a VO39, if its older, and VO50 if its within the last 2-3 years.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Mobil 1 full synthetic and K&N or OEM filters FTW! Use it in every car I've ever had (except the RX7 obviously) and love it.

patrick4588

Integra God
10w40 here. doesnt burn off as easy. and i run wix filters, thats what skunk2 uses. if its good enough for them, its good enough for me. oil brand is mostly amsoil or castrol syntec

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
not correct sir!
I work at a honda dealership.. 3 manufacturers make the filters:

- Toyo Roki
- Filtech
- Honeywell

I don't see a fram there!
Sorry sir. That's just what I heard. I believe you since you work for Honda.