Quiet Muffler choices? please help..

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
RSX mufflers are 2.25 and 2.5 for 2006 model i believe resonator is a must or you can try to weld on a second resonator it will make it sound alot smoother and deeper
u delete the resonator its gonna have the crackle/pop sound

integra is a hatchback so unless u invest in some sound deadening for the trunk u not gonna see much improvement
i can tell u from my own experience what i ve done to mine
i got the car with some dynamat on the trunk wall
say i start off with gutted car from front seats(doors, rear pannels seats, trunk carpet, sparetire)
and 20pts of (perceived noise) would be the noise i had with all stripped including road noise and exhaust)
so strips of dynamat aroudn the car mostly on flat sheet metal -1pts
added sheets of dynamat to trunk covering almost all of the backwall and trunk floor and some q pannels- 2 pts
sprayed about 3-4 cans of trunk bedliner and rubber undercoating in trunk -6 untill it dried and was -4
carped soaked with bedliner covering the rear speaker areas-1
door pannels sprayed with rubber undercoating-2( roadnoise)
dynamated doors -3 vibration from speakers,roadnoise
sprayed all plastic pannels with undercoat and added dynamat strips -3
finally last try was to glue some polyfill sheets to the plastic panels and stuffquarter pannels with it-2-3pts
after all done and in between my muffler kept blowing out so i patched that with fiberbondo and it works:)

as a resultof all that at cruising speeds (2500-3000) rpm with evo2 exhaust is barely louder than stock roadnoise/exhaust noise

i was very conservative with dynamat adn bedliner and all the noise reduction materials and my concern was to keep total weight to the minimum so i put it only where needed
engne noise is nto so much since i have urethane inserts and now since my exhaust is silenced i hear the engine and it sounds muuuch better than exhaust:) i love it
heres few pix of the results of my experiments:

apparently a very common problem with evo2 which greddy chooses not to acknowledge

evidence of speaker abuse:)

rear pannels

trunk dynamat sprayed over with bedliner

separated the pannel so i dont have to take out whole back of the car

sneak peek of my factory BOSE system haha. i wish

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
some day im gonna actually make a DIY article for all the stuff i did to mine( dreaming)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
tenshi thats awesome .... too bad about your evo 2 ... i thought my apexi n1 was garbage cause its broken twice now right under the resonator

VTECking

I VTAK'd on U!!!
Get a Apexi N1 cat-back. It is pretty quiet until you get on the gas, like if you were going 80 mph the revs on a gsr sould be at 4k and even at that rpm the interior cabin is still pretty quiet. if someone were next to you, you could talk in your normal voice and they could hear you fine.

posHonda

Get a Apexi N1 cat-back. It is pretty quiet until you get on the gas, like if you were going 80 mph the revs on a gsr sould be at 4k and even at that rpm the interior cabin is still pretty quiet. if someone were next to you, you could talk in your normal voice and they could hear you fine.
Ive never heard a quiet Apexi N1 exhaust on a honda lol. Its loud even when youre not getting on it. Ive heard the Apexi WS2 and RSR ExMag in person and they sound much better and quieter than any N1. Its a good performing exhaust, but it doesnt get much credit in the sound department.

crzy azn

is crzy
Ive never heard a quiet Apexi N1 exhaust on a honda lol. Its loud even when youre not getting on it. Ive heard the Apexi WS2 and RSR ExMag in person and they sound much better and quieter than any N1. Its a good performing exhaust, but it doesnt get much credit in the sound department.
N1s are pretty loud, i had one on my 95 db7, but at cruising speeds they are really quiet for being what it is. its really loud when you hit it, but cruising is fine.

and resonators are a must to help rid of that ricey sound, the nice thing about them is they dont take away from performance or breathing..they just make your exhaust a bit quieter and smooth it out a bit.

end005

I don't mean to jack your thread but how about the Apexi Noir Exhaust???

I'm looking into a new exhaust too. I have an Apexi N1..and looking to get rid of it and get something new. the search and wait sucks balls though.

**EDIT:And like a few guys up there said, the N1, cruising isn't that bad. I never go pass 70mpg and I"m fairly light on the gas so its pretty quiet for me. Also, the cabin remains fairly quiet too.
________
VAPIR GENIE

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I don't mean to jack your thread but how about the Apexi Noir Exhaust???

I'm looking into a new exhaust too. I have an Apexi N1..and looking to get rid of it and get something new. the search and wait sucks balls though.

**EDIT:And like a few guys up there said, the N1, cruising isn't that bad. I never go pass 70mpg and I"m fairly light on the gas so its pretty quiet for me. Also, the cabin remains fairly quiet too.
The Apexi NOIR exhaust is the flat-black version of the WS2. You mean mph right? Lol!

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
lol i would tell you if i still had an account on team integra they had a discussion about it not too long ago
you might find the size on the acura dealer online i think they list the pipe diameter there
or just google i belive its 05 and down have 2.25 and 06 and up has 2.5 . correct me if im wrong tho

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
lol i would tell you if i still had an account on team integra they had a discussion about it not too long ago
you might find the size on the acura dealer online i think they list the pipe diameter there
or just google i belive its 05 and down have 2.25 and 06 and up has 2.5 . correct me if im wrong tho
I think you're right.

tenshi_R

luxury integra driver
maybe im wrong again we just had a 05 or 06 type-s in the shop adn the piping looked like 2.25 or maybe even 2" so im assuming that japanese type-s is the one with 2.5 pipe.

i searched online and couldnt find the exhaust size anywhere.

Last edited: