New motor

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
around a grand, why, the motor still has to be able to make the power for the header to extract. Any way it still would have made 200 wtihout it, a jdm type r would have been fine to use.

posHonda

around a grand, why, the motor still has to be able to make the power for the header to extract. Any way it still would have made 200 wtihout it, a jdm type r would have been fine to use.
Youre right in the fact that youd have to have supporting mods to get full use of a good header and a JDM ITR header would have worked fine, but I can bet it would have dynoed less than what it did if he had the JDM ITR header instead of the RMF.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
most definetly, your talking about a 300 dollar header compared to 1000 top of the line header. But it's still an easy 200whp motor, that was my point.

nate2k5

not a n00b
Yes sir. I would build a nice 83mm ls/vtec for 4g's and that shit would pull hella nice, 220whp ftw.
who would spend the money on sleeves then go and only bore it to 83mm on a NA build?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
because you can only safely take it to 82mm on stock sleeves
Really? What magazine did you read that out of? I'm pretty sure Honda's b20s are pretty safe. I don't think they would sell an engine that the sleeves are going to explode in. Me tho, I don't like to use the B20s because they can crack under really hard conditions, long constant exposure to high rpms and high compression will cut their life short. So I rather choose to bore an LS to 83mm. Why? Well it leaves room for a rebuild, actually two. It provides way more strength, and with an N/A app the sleeves are definetly not going to crack.

nate2k5

not a n00b
Really? What magazine did you read that out of? I'm pretty sure Honda's b20s are pretty safe. I don't think they would sell an engine that the sleeves are going to explode in. Me tho, I don't like to use the B20s because they can crack under really hard conditions, long constant exposure to high rpms and high compression will cut their life short. So I rather choose to bore an LS to 83mm. Why? Well it leaves room for a rebuild, actually two. It provides way more strength, and with an N/A app the sleeves are definetly not going to crack.
b18 and b20 sleeves are totally different. b18 are cast in two pieces while b20's are cast in one solid piece, which is the reason they are weaker not because they are thinner. besides b20 is 84mm stock, and stock it is a hell of a lot stronger than a 83mm LS block if you even manage to take it out that far

i didn't read it in a magazine, i learned it through researching my engine build and being around the honda scene for the past two years. don't get defensive just admit you are wrong and move on