New Edition to my EDM collection

nautica_t

okay just to clear some things for you guys.
in Europe, the fog gets quite foggy out there, thats why most European cars such as Volvo and Mercedez Benz and BMW, has a rear fog light in the rear.

What the rear fog light does is shine a solid red light that's bright and its on the driver's side of the vehicle, so the driver behind the car can see it clearly through the fog. Its the same concept of having your 4-ways on when its raining hard or slight fog. But they get it bad, so they have to it have mandatory in Europe.

Anybody who buys one and puts one in and drives with it on during the night ought to be shot, as that shit is bright. Its like driving behind someone with there brake lights on.

now front headlight adjustment. dumb?? No, because like I said in Europe they get a lot of fog, so what you can do is, lower your headlights to see the ground in front of you. the higher it goes up, the more glare you get from hitting the fog, so what do you do to rectify it, you aim it lower, reducing the glare from the fog and trying to get more ground. Which is what real fog lights are used for, they are used to aim the ground ahead of you.

93teg97, in UKDM/AUDM/EDM. they all have the same front end as USDM. the bug eye front end, and only and I say only in JDM land do they have the accord front end.

UKDM drives rhd, and AUDM/EDM drives left hand drive. but some AUDM area's drive right hand if memories serves me correctly.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Hey nautica_t do you know where I could buy that headlight adjuster button at? I'm getting the ukdm front end w/ the foglights for Xmas present from my gf.. and I'm buying the headlights this coming springs.

Anyways I personality think the rear fog is stupid in US, come on we don't get as near as fog as the UK does... if we did that I see the purpose, but we don't and I'm not going to put it on just cuz someone think it's cool. also people have different taste and someone who might pay more than $200 for a cluster, well I would pay $500, it's my money! I'll spend it anyway I want too!

btw I just revived my cluster 2day I opened it up when I got home from work, swapped out the "green film" and installed it! I lost two screws but I'll get them when I take off my dash board to do the amber interior lights. its fu**ing crazy sick!

my friends started calling me the edm whore!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
now front headlight adjustment. dumb?? No, because like I said in Europe they get a lot of fog, so what you can do is, lower your headlights to see the ground in front of you. the higher it goes up, the more glare you get from hitting the fog, so what do you do to rectify it, you aim it lower, reducing the glare from the fog and trying to get more ground. Which is what real fog lights are used for, they are used to aim the ground ahead of you.
no one said it was dumb. I was just asking about it if you were talking to me. I think I was the only one that really questioned it. lol

nautica_t

i'm not sure where you're going to get the headlight adjustment from, took me a while to find it, and about the dumb thing, just throwing it out. not be a pest or anything.

and the uk vs usdm bumpers are exactly the same. no difference, they have fog light diagram on the back of the bumpers. and im getting ukdm fogs too, but not yet, they are a bit pricey, but you have to pay to play, and plus its brand new, so it's worth it.

heykosal

Angkorian
hehe damn, you paid so much, i paid half of that. lol

and for those who are curious here's the headlight leveler switch too ;)

Aussie, doesnt your MS3 have a switch similar to this? doesnt it adjust the headlight cutoff?

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
i didnt tell u to put the rear fog light on, all i said is i like it. Even if it doesnt serve a purpose over here

nautica_t

just make sure you put it on the right side.

and don't put two on there, its not a fad or anything if you're going to put it on, put it on the proper side, its always on the driver's side, so the driver behind you can see it, not the passenger :p

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
So wai!?! nautica_t you did own the headlight adjuster button, but you threw it away? and where the heck can you buy the items new?

nautica_t

^nope its in my car as we speak, i'll take a better picture on the weekend. have to go start it up anyhow.

nate2k5

not a n00b
No rear fog, its useless in usa.. I'd rather save $ and buy the headlights!
not if its foggy ;)

edit: i wonder what honda's reasoning was behind putting a 170mph cluster in a car thats tranny limited at about 144. the UK must like to think they can go faster than is physically possible lol

Last edited: