New Edition to my EDM collection

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Aussie, doesnt your MS3 have a switch similar to this? doesnt it adjust the headlight cutoff?
The switch allows me to focus the headlights up or down from inside the car. Same as that

nautica_t

any proof to show that they have same motor and same internals?

not saying I don't believe you but I never actually saw any comparison charts or anything.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
same stroke, same bore, same compression, same cams, same etc.. I'd say it's the same motor.

nautica_t

like i said anything to back it up??
and same everything in terms of USDM or JDM
cause they are same motor, but slightly different internals, as they have a slightly additional power, so i'm just wondering where you got your information from that's all.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
like i said anything to back it up??
and same everything in terms of USDM or JDM
cause they are same motor, but slightly different internals, as they have a slightly additional power, so i'm just wondering where you got your information from that's all.
They have slightly different power because of different european catalyst, and other emmisions exclusions, along with higher octane. It's the same as the B18C5. Just like the Aussies get the B18C7, also same as the B18C5. Did you know that in Europe they only sold Type Rs and they got a Milano Red version? Anyways you want proof research yourself, i'm telling you what it is, you think i'm lying bug off.

Compression ratio = 11.1:1
Max power = 190PS @ 7900rpm
Max torque = 178Nm @ 7300rpm
Unleaded petrol 95 octane or higher

That's where your power comes from, higher octane and european power measuring system.

Last edited:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Keep in mind that in Europe they use a different octane measurement. In the US we use the AKI which comines the RON and MON methods. In Europe and Japan they only use the RON factor which generates slighly higher numbers. Their 95 octane is roughly equivalent to our 91

nautica_t

no where did i say i didn't believe you, i was just asking for proof thats all, if that's too hard to ask than i don't know what to say. anybody can say "hearsay" which is irrelevant as well as wikipedia, as someone can easily edit that to whatever they want.

and i know they came in MR. My desktop picture is the MR with jdm front on a slanted hill.

not starting anything, just questioning where the knowledge came from, as wikipedia is not a sight useful for resources, even if you write an essay for school, that is not considered a valid source.

and you didn't put up the wikipedia post, so i didn't say anything to you. if you look above, i even stated if you're right than you're right, i just wanted to see some valid proof that's all.