boost vs all motor.

JdmITRCinci

JDM Bliss
what would you guys reather do......swap a GSR motor for an ITR motor? or just build the GSR?? if you were goin N/A.............?
It would be pointless to swap a GSR for a Type R. If you are building a car for drag you dont use a Type R motor. The Tranny is desighned for track use not drag. The Type R is almost dead even from a dig with the GSR motor until about 70 or 80 then it will pull the GSR.

Sorry for the ranting but Im tired of this Drag racing B.S. Learn your motors and trannys before you go out and make assumptions on what to use what for.

jdm jon

b16 tranny (R or not) is perfect for 1/4mile for N/A unlike GSR, LS, whatever.

Last edited:

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
boost is great when done perfect and can be costly but so is a full billet motor i say get ti sleved and new piston and boost it

ltrain

opinions on Poor Mans R >?[/QUOTEif u want a poor mans itr youll basically be swapping your perfectly good head for a b16...waste of money, sure the b16 has better air flow but with the cost of the head and all u can do head work on the gsr head........in other words poor mans itr is no option

like i said i would personally build the gsr or if u have the $ go K!!!!

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
boost can be just as reliable as going all motor. It's all in the tune. I personally find going fast in a straight line to be boring. I am building my car to match the kind of driving I do with my teg. I just love cruising on mountain roads and occasionally auto-xing. Have you joined team-integra.net yet? there are quite a couple members near you in AC, my friend mike (shore96teg) lives near you and he is boosting his motor.

1caintegra

type-s and the RS
i like LS boosted my buddy from TI had an gsr boosted and got 32+hp hes was car of the month i asked him if he'd to it again and he said with a b18b motor instead

Last edited:

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
my buddy Sean had a ls turbo- jeff evans tuned civic coupe doing 11's. it was daily driven. Ls boost is indeed freakin' fun.

DamnAznMan6

id say go with the peakboost kit for the b18. its capable of pulling really good power out of a bone stock b18c1. i believe its 350ish whp on 9.5psi. if u dont wanna spend the cash on the kit, then hey, go with building your motor/tranny according to what u wanna do ie- drag, track, etc.

jdm_mike19

if this is ur a dailey drive and since b18c motor are high compression u dont wanna turbo it turbo u need lower compression best bang for ur buck i would just go ITR swap i mean there clean quick. yeah K series be awesome but thats also like a 7000 doller swap since only one company makes the motor mounts for the swap those are bread and wiring has to be changed i would honestly just go with the b18c5

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
if this is ur a dailey drive and since b18c motor are high compression u dont wanna turbo it turbo u need lower compression best bang for ur buck i would just go ITR swap i mean there clean quick. yeah K series be awesome but thats also like a 7000 doller swap since only one company makes the motor mounts for the swap those are bread and wiring has to be changed i would honestly just go with the b18c5
there are tons of daily driven turbo gsr's. it is all in the tune. why pay 3-4 grand for the ITR motor to get what, 20 more horsepower, when 3-4 grand turbo gets you a quick, fun car?