what is the fastest 1/4 mile time of a DA teg?

bighroder

I wish
what is the fastest quater mile time for a DA integra? i dont care if it is 1500hp. I want to deside whether to get a DA or an 1G eclipse AWD. thanks guys

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I love G2s but to compare an AWD to an FF the AWD will win. Ive seen the 1G GSX run 10s like it was nothin.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Are you talking stock or what? I don't get what your saying, are you asking which car can be faster in the quarter? I mean with the right money I can get a DA running 8s but I could do that with an Eclipse also.

hksb18

GM TECH
x 2 so many cars so many options with money anything is possible

bighroder

I wish
I was wondering what the fastest DA teg was. the fastest talon runs high 7's. stock is fine also though

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Well with those times your getting into the FWD unlimited class and I don't know anyone that's running a DA in there. I mean i'm sure if you have the money you could get one to run a 7 but I don't see what the point of that would be. I don't really know what the point of this thread is.

bighroder

I wish
To see which would be faster with a budget of 4,500$ for performance parts, thanks

lsarod

1G AWD Talon. Let's be honest, a Talon already has turbo, plus it's four wheel drive so traction for a 1/4 will be alot better. But if you had unlimeted $ the DA would be a better choice, the chassis is just better for racing than any eclipse.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Faster? The Talon

Reliability? The teg. lol

don't buy a car just cause you want the faster one. there are many different things that are better about fwd, and many about awd. look into what you want to do with your car, then decide what kind you want.

IF you are just going for most hp and fastest car, get the awd. it's MUCH easier to lay power down with all 4 wheels then just 2.

bighroder

I wish
I want a realiable car that will not cause problems, burnoil, and be decently good on gas. I would like it to handle and i have heard that the talons have problems with over+under steer

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Anything can be made to handle. Neither the Integra or a DSM really handle worth a damn stock. They both need some love in that area. But thank god it is fairly cheap to do both. DSM's are one of the best bang for the buck for horsepower. You can spend $50 at home depot and make 20-30hp on a stock car if you are broke. But they aren't the most reliable. Just don't buy a modified DSM and inspect what ever one you're looking at very well. The best one to have will be an early 92 model. It is the only one with the stronger 6bolt engine AND the 4 bolt rear end

bighroder

I wish
I just wanted something that would be realiable and the DA + DSM are about the same price. I live in Michigan so i figured that the AWD would be better for the winter.

mattrt09

go with the DA

i would never drive a mitsu peice of shityy

just get the DA

youll thank us later

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Generally any car that you buy that is 15 yrs old is gonna be a piece of shit. You gotta pick very picky either way and find a good one. You should try to find a 92-93 GSR :D

Just don't buy a piece of shit automatic

Last edited:

lsarod

Generally any car that you buy that is 15 yrs old is gonna be a piece of shit. You gotta pick very picky either way and find a good one. You should try to find a 92-93 GSR :D

Just don't buy a piece of shit automatic
+1
Yeah either way you go get a manual, An old GSR and an old GSX are gonna be in the same condition mechanically speaking. That many years of VTEC and that many years of Turbo should have really taxed the motor. Look for the one that has the least miles but IMO a DA will be in better condition than a DSM due to the overall quality of Honda over mitsubishi.