what is the fastest 1/4 mile time of a DA teg?

bighroder

I wish
i dont want to get a GSR as i realy dont want to have Vtec. But then if i want it later i can slap the head ontop of the Ls and it will be just as good.

bighroder

I wish
But either way the car will be a 5 speed. I prefer the 3rd pedal. plus it aint fun tryin to drift in the snow with an auto.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
+1
An old GSR and an old GSX are gonna be in the same condition mechanically speaking. That many years of VTEC and that many years of Turbo should have really taxed the motor. Look for the one that has the least miles but IMO a DA will be in better condition than a DSM due to the overall quality of Honda over mitsubishi.
Ok this is retarted, just because a car is turbo'd doesn't mean it's putting anymore stress on the motor than a non-turbo, and since when the hell the does vtec put more strain on the motor, please I would love an explanation. A motor is either built good or it isn't, both companies built good motors back then, mitsus didn't naturally have problems, they had problems because people would boost the shit out of them without any other work or tuning. They actually hold together fairly well, I think dc2GS-R would agree.

Also buying a car with low miles doesn't always mean your getting a good deal. You can get a car with 200k plus miles on it and it can be in better shape than the one with 80k. When you buy a car you look at who owns/owned it, you check for maintenence records and you inpspect or have it inspected if you don't know what your looking for. Check for routine maintenace like timing belt, water pump, brakes, oil changes whatever, a good owner of a well maintained car will have records for everything. And to say that Honda is better quality than Mitsubishi is like saying that Ford is better quality than Chevy. Once again back then they were both great companies producing very well built vehicles.

If want to buy a car that you like you drive it, drive both, drive more than both. Compare them, see which one you feel better in. Don't compare a modded Talon/Eclipse to a stock Integra or vice versa because thats not fair, but go and find well taken care of, almost stock vehicles and see which one you like better because they're both good cars and if taken care of will both be just as reliable as the other.

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
i dont want to get a GSR as i realy dont want to have Vtec. But then if i want it later i can slap the head ontop of the Ls and it will be just as good.
As for this comment, this is like saying I don't want an M3 i want the 318ti. Why? If it's because you don't think it won't be as reliable your wrong, and for whatever other reason you have your still probablly wrong. Also don't think that it's just as easy as slapping a vtec head on because it's not, so if that's what your thinking your wrong again. I'm not trying to castrate you I just want you to get a better view of things and not make a bad decision on buying a car because in my opinion it's one of the most important decisions we make in life.

bighroder

I wish
No its not because i think that its not realiable its because anything with vtec is way more expensive. i know yu dont just throw the head on and call it good but they make a conversion for it.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's not neccesarily more expensive, you can find a good deal on either one. Did you ever think about looking into getting a 94-01 integra?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
A motor is either built good or it isn't, both companies built good motors back then, mitsus didn't naturally have problems, they had problems because people would boost the shit out of them without any other work or tuning. They actually hold together fairly well, I think dc2GS-R would agree.
Agreed! I haven't had a single problem out of my GSX because I bought it brand new and treat it good. I bought a used GST and have had a few problems that are all my fault, not Mitsubishi's. My turbo oil feed line cracked because I was too lazy to put a new front engine mount in the car that it so desperately needed from whatever the hell the previous owner did to it :what: And I've been through quite a few alternators because I don't have the splash guard (again, previous owner) that covers the whole underneath the engine bay so my alternator gets wet and they do NOT like that AT ALL. All simple shit that is not Mitsu's fault, but my own. The only thing I've seen is the clutch slave and/or master cylinder tend to go out around 100k miles. But they are both fairly cheap and really easy to change

Aussie said:
Also buying a car with low miles doesn't always mean your getting a good deal. You can get a car with 200k plus miles on it and it can be in better shape than the one with 80k.
Agreed again! I bought my 96 GSR with 182k miles and the engine had never been opened. It ran like a champ, never had one problem and put down 150.1whp bone stock!

Last edited: