More power for my 94 LS

mteg

Automatic Lover
aren't there 2 turbos that are emissions safe? I believe Greddy and Edelbrock make emissions safe turbos.
Not sure about the edelbrock one but the greddy one is. One of the problems is that that kit is $2500 not including an intercooler. Thats an additional $1000. Not to mention, everyone that I've talked to says that the base map on the emanage blows sheep, so you still need a tune. This adds up to around $4000-you can get a kit for almost half that, which will outperform it, except for not bieng emissions compliant.

94tegaz

Okay new question sorry,
I was thinking at work about my car and my goal I dont care about that 13/14sec goal anymore
I want a Nice DD that can get up and go, and that I can drive for years to come and still pass emissions
and the best Bang for the buck.

I was reading some stuff on the site and came across BrianCrower,Skunk2 so I went and looked up the website and found some stuff.

If I bought all the parts I'm about to list, thats all I need to build the head or top-end right?
I'm not missing any parts?

-CAMSHAFTS - STAGE 2 Normally Aspirated (Honda/Acura B18A/B18B/B20B) $320
http://www.briancrower.com/view.php?pn=BC0022

-DUAL SPRING/RETAINER KIT (Honda/Acura B18A/B18B/B20B) $350
http://www.briancrower.com/view.php?pn=BC0020

-skunk2 IM $259.95 (or am I better staying with the stock one?)
http://www.morepowerracing.com/vevofh104264/Engine/Intake-Manifolds/Skunk2-Racing/Acura/c-1-387-374-3146-2195/

-Skunk2 T-body $220.00 local or from site $275.56
http://www.morepowerracing.com/vevofh104264/Engine/Throttle-Body/Skunk2-Racing-Throttle-Bodies/c-1-387-2567-2676/

-FUJITA COLD AIR INTAKE: Ls $159.00 ( I just want a CAI now instead of a RAM)

and the guy I deal with local said he can hub dyno and tune my car which means socket/chip my ECU for $460.00

So for a total of $1,825.00
I should have a quick DD thats reliable and that can get up and go right and pass emissions right?

or is there a better way spending 2k for my car? thats not turbo,supercharger or nitrious

so if I order all this stuff right now my car would have

-stage 2 cams,springs,retainers
-skunk2 IM
-skunk2 TB
-FUJITA CAI
-ECU tune
-greddy headers
-greddy cat back
-GSR clutch
-GSR tranny
-NGK wires
-Neuspeed springs
-Tokico Shocks

I should have a pretty fun DD right thats reliable?

thanks and let me know.

94tegaz

any help guys?
am I spending 2k wisely on the engine or just blowing money?
Also would I need those AEM cam gears if I get the tage 2 cams,springs,retainers?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Depending on your tune, you'll be sitting around 145whp. IDK, if it will be emmisions compliant. If you go with the skunk 2 im and tb-get a 64mm tb-any larger is overkill.

94tegaz

Depending on your tune, you'll be sitting around 145whp. IDK, if it will be emmisions compliant. If you go with the skunk 2 im and tb-get a 64mm tb-any larger is overkill.
140-150 hp to the wheels is good with me thats a pretty quick DD

also so the skunk2 IM is a good buy?it will be better then the stock IM?
and the TB 64 is good

what parts would I need to build the bottom end of my engine brands items etc...?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
140-150 hp to the wheels is good with me thats a pretty quick DD

also so the skunk2 IM is a good buy?it will be better then the stock IM?
and the TB 64 is good

what parts would I need to build the bottom end of my engine brands items etc...?
I'm glad you're going NA. I met this guy who has a LS with a JRSC. He dynoed it and came up with 140-ishwhp. I felt bad cuz he spent over $2000 and my DB8 still has more power. All in all, I don't care about the 1/4 mile. I'm all about corners.

samace_sg

Second Glance
I'm glad you're going NA. I met this guy who has a LS with a JRSC. He dynoed it and came up with 140-ishwhp. I felt bad cuz he spent over $2000 and my DB8 still has more power. All in all, I don't care about the 1/4 mile. I'm all about corners.
How does he have only 140 hp with a sprchrgr... thats crazy... is not working or something

ITRnarcotic

Dont Ask
well the SC for the b18's don't do a whole lot especially if you haven't done much else to the engine besides the SC itself...

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
How does he have only 140 hp with a sprchrgr... thats crazy... is not working or something
It was close to 150 to the wheels. Like 147-148? The blower is working perfectly. A stock LS makes about 119whp, so a reading in the high 40s sounds about right. He has more torque than a stock GSR though.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Your not going to get the power you expect out of those cams unless you raise your compression substantially. The only way to do that is with some aftermarket pistons. Do you have any plans on building the bottom end? If no, I can lead you on a better path as far as which parts to buy than what you have planned right now.

ltrain

id go with the b16 head....ls-v can be very reliable if done right....heres the best write up i found>>>

http://b20vtec.com/forums/b-series-tech/56400-how-build-reliable-lsvtec-b20vtec-guide.html

weight reduction is a huge plus no matter how people say its pointless cuz a couple of pounds here and there add up, u can lose some weight while maintaining daily comforts, for example cruise control(who actually uses that shit?) sound deadining tar in trunk floor is a good 15lbs(i like to hear my car), metal sheet in glove box door (2 pounds for something useless)

Last edited: