More power for my 94 LS

94tegaz

Hi hows it going I have a few questions.

I have a
-1994 LS Acura Integra
-Greddy headers
-Greddy catback exhaust
-AEM short ram intake
-GSR clutch
-GSR tranny
-GSR blades

My questions are this what else can I do to get more power?

If i bought a FUJITA CAI will I notice any difference in power from my AEM?

Also if I buy the AEM Tru-Time Cam Gear or AEM TRU-POWER Pulleys
will it do anything for my car? also what do these help if i bought them?Whats the difference?

Also what do I need to buy to build up the bottom end?

to build up the head I need
-Cams(something web cams i foregot)
-Valve springs(maybe skunk2?)
-Intake Mani (maybe skunk2?)
-T-body (maybe skunk2?)
and a good tune right?

What else can I do to build the engine up?

I dont want to go turbo but
I been kinda interested in Nitrous how good does stock internals do with Nitrous

thanks for reading please help
also what should my car run with whats on it now? I was told mid 15's???

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Cam gears by themselves don't add power. They are a tool used to tune cams, the cams add the power. Putting cam gears on stock cams won't do anything.

A CAI will help more during launch and low RPM's vs. a SRI, because it'll be sucking in cooler air than a SRI when the car isn't moving. Also, CAI tubing is of a smaller diameter than SRI's, which helps speed up the flow of air at these lower RPM's vs. the short ram.....but on the other hand, the SRI has the advantage at the higher RPM's because of it's larger diameter tubing, it can supply the engine with more air than the thinner tubing of the CAI can.

We can't give you accurate answers on what exactly you should do with your car because we don't know your exact plan for the car.
What area of the powerband do you want to concentrate on adding power in?
There are probably things that ought to be done differently when building an engine for nitrous then building one for no plans of nitrous.

94tegaz

Cam gears by themselves don't add power. They are a tool used to tune cams, the cams add the power. Putting cam gears on stock cams won't do anything.

A CAI will help more during launch and low RPM's vs. a SRI, because it'll be sucking in cooler air than a SRI when the car isn't moving. Also, CAI tubing is of a smaller diameter than SRI's, which helps speed up the flow of air at these lower RPM's vs. the short ram.....but on the other hand, the SRI has the advantage at the higher RPM's because of it's larger diameter tubing, it can supply the engine with more air than the thinner tubing of the CAI can.

We can't give you accurate answers on what exactly you should do with your car because we don't know your exact plan for the car.
What area of the powerband do you want to concentrate on adding power in?
There are probably things that ought to be done differently when building an engine for nitrous then building one for no plans of nitrous.
Thanks alot,

My Goals is to have a quick DD in the High 13's low 14's in the 1/4 mile
but I been thinking about nitrous and it seems good I still need to read more about it. even though I wont be NA anymore

I can pick up a B16 Head thats Complete for my car to do a LS-V for cheap,
but Im not sure if its worth doing that? How much HP and 1/4 mile time should my car run with the I/H/E & B16 head? I kinda hear bad and good things about the LS-V

thanks

also is there any more Basic bolt-ons I can buy to get my car running a little faster?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
also is there any more Basic bolt-ons I can buy to get my car running a little faster?
A high flow cat. Get at least a 2.25 inch, but depending on your future mods, you may need a 2.5 incher in the future. Get a Carsound cat.

94tegaz

A high flow cat. Get at least a 2.25 inch, but depending on your future mods, you may need a 2.5 incher in the future. Get a Carsound cat.
I have the Greddy catback exhaust with the Greddy headers I think my pipes are 2.25 or something
I am not sure if I have a high flow cat or not my exhaust isnt loud at all how much difference iwould a high flow cat make and I should still be able to pass emissions with it right?
thx

jdm_mike19

just go with 2.5'' exhaust high flow cat no resinator and honestly nos is coo but i either turbo or go jackson racing supercharger thats what im doing next is jrsc

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
He'll need to be making over 190whp to justify a 2.5 inch exhaust. Your Greddy exhaust is 2.36 inches, your header has a 2 inch collector. You'll pass emmissions with a high flow cat, and Carsound's come with a guarantee, I owned one.

A DD LS doing high 13's/low 14's is gonna be a serious build, it may not even be possible while keeping it street legal, your gonna need that nitrous to hope to achieve that.

jason.az1

I'm lost!
just go with 2.5'' exhaust high flow cat no resinator and honestly nos is coo but i either turbo or go jackson racing supercharger thats what im doing next is jrsc
now I was reading up on turbo's and talking to a local shop here
where I can get a good kit but used for cheap because I know him and
run 5-8 pounds on stock internals but have to up my fuel injectors and chip/tune my ecu and be able to push 250hp to the wheels safe but he said I wont pass emissions unless I change a few things back to stock when I go take the test so I kinda pass on the turbo ideal but still looking kinda if I find a good new kit I might do it

but I havent looked into supercharger yet but isnt that the same thing as turbo but no lag or something and not waiting for boost? How reliable is the supercharger for a DD compare to turbo? what all would I need to do to supercharge my car? also went to the jackson racing site didnt see a kit for the integra how much do they run for?

thanks

jason.az1

I'm lost!
He'll need to be making over 190whp to justify a 2.5 inch exhaust. Your Greddy exhaust is 2.36 inches, your header has a 2 inch collector. You'll pass emmissions with a high flow cat, and Carsound's come with a guarantee, I owned one.

A DD LS doing high 13's/low 14's is gonna be a serious build, it may not even be possible while keeping it street legal, your gonna need that nitrous to hope to achieve that.
thanks for the info

say I went with a B16 head with my bolt-ons shouldnt it be mid 14s?
or if I went with cams,valvessprings,retainers,IM,TB,CAI,tune shouldnt I be low 14 mid 14's?
or if I did B16 head with cams,valvessprings,retainers,IM,TB,CAI,tune high 13's?

and when you say its a serious build what would you do to get a LS into high 13's low to mid 14's?
stock GSR runs mid 14's right?

jason.az1

I'm lost!
sorry me and my brother both are on the site and he forgot to log off i posted the last 3 messages under his user name sorry he has a gsr

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Stock GSR's run high 15's, stock Type R's run high 14's. Your auto LS in stock form probably ran high 16's, mid 16's at best.

I'm not into the "this set of mods = X 1/4 mile, that set of mods = Y 1/4 mile" stuff, there's too many variables to be accurate.

94tegaz

Stock GSR's run high 15's, stock Type R's run high 14's. Your auto LS in stock form probably ran high 16's, mid 16's at best.

I'm not into the "this set of mods = X 1/4 mile, that set of mods = Y 1/4 mile" stuff, there's too many variables to be accurate.
oh yeah I gues I forgot to say my car is 5speed(stick)
thx

I just about to place my order for cams and all those other parts so ill let you guys know

Last edited:

mteg

Automatic Lover
No one part is going to get you what you want. If you look at going ls vtec or doing a prot and polish with cams and valces-your'e not going to pass emmsions. If you go with a jRsc, that will only give you 160hp to the wheels with exhasut, intake, header, and pully-they have the dyno sheet posted. A turbo will give you the performance you want but will also make you not pass emmisions. Nitrous is probably the cheapest route, and the easiest for you to remain emissions compliant. A vortec sc is also an option-with an after cooler they will give you the performance you wnat and probably keep your car emssions compliatn-downside is that they are aroun$3700.