Car starts then cuts off

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
Also it started up and idle fine for about 10 minutes but with a misfre sound coming from the exhaust. But it dint shutoff. I took it for a ride for about 5 miles to a friends house let it sit for about 1hour. Time to start driving agin and the bitch starts and shuts off. It would start and shut off like the next 10 times. Then it started and took me home.

I got anotha question, would a bad O2 sensor cause my car to shut off.

Anotha thing, ive always had a very loud ticking noise coming from or around the head. its very loud.

And like a said earlier when ever i am downshiftin and the nedlle gets below 3k rpm i hear this whinning noise comin from my car. Wat could cause this whinning noise.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
got anotha question.. when they tested my alternator, they tested it from the battery. Should i take off the alternator and take it to them agin. does anyone know a quick way to take it off.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
What year car do you have, i'm assuming it's an ls? A bad o2 sensor will not make your car shut off, and the ticking noise under the valve cover is probablly just your valve train, it makes noises when it gets old, probablly need your valve's adjusted, it could also be an lntake or exhaust leak which might cause the exhaust popping. Either way thats not going to cause your car to shut off. As for the ecm i'm pretty sure thats seperate from the distributor. It's reallly weird cause if it was your altenator, starting your car up and driving this much should have killed your battery by now. You haven't been jumping it and charging the battery have you? I still think it might be in the distributor now, do you have an acutual number for the code you pulled, if so I could look it up.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
So anotha question. I plugs i bought are G-Power NGK's. do they come pre-gapped. also i cheaped out and got some cheap Magstar super inductor wires. Would this have anything to do with wats wrong. Should i go and replace dat with some NGK wires and some iridium plugs. Does NGK make Red wires.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
So anotha question. I plugs i bought are G-Power NGK's. do they come pre-gapped. also i cheaped out and got some cheap Magstar super inductor wires. Would this have anything to do with wats wrong. Should i go and replace dat with some NGK wires and some iridium plugs. Does NGK make Red wires.
None of that should cause your car to start and then just shut off. Are you sure when you were replacing the distibutor cap and button you didn't install it wrong?

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
What year car do you have, i'm assuming it's an ls? A bad o2 sensor will not make your car shut off, and the ticking noise under the valve cover is probablly just your valve train, it makes noises when it gets old, probablly need your valve's adjusted, it could also be an lntake or exhaust leak which might cause the exhaust popping. Either way thats not going to cause your car to shut off. As for the ecm i'm pretty sure thats seperate from the distributor. It's reallly weird cause if it was your altenator, starting your car up and driving this much should have killed your battery by now. You haven't been jumping it and charging the battery have you? I still think it might be in the distributor now, do you have an acutual number for the code you pulled, if so I could look it up.
no i havent been charging it or anything. I dont know the code number but i am going to get a diagnostic tomorow hopefully they tell me wats wrong.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
new ful pump. Does anyone know if the G-power platiums come pre-gapped. Should i get some better wires like NGK or Nology

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
and button???
Yea the rotor, old lingo sorry, I work around a grumpy old Porsche mechanic, they were buttons 30 years ago. Anyway i'm really starting to believe something in your distibutor is messed up, i've never seen plugs and wires cause something like this, cause your car to run like shit yes, but not run at all, never.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
ok so i just left the car at a local shop so that they can read the computer. Hopefully they call me bak with some go0d news. The guy was talking about some "cram sensor". I never heard of that. but lets see wat happens.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
I just got back from the shop. They told me that it is the CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR in my dizzy. Where can i get this, and anyone know how to change it???