Car starts then cuts off

mteg

Automatic Lover
The throttle position sensor is located on the back side of your throttle body. It's hard to tell on your plugs, what you want to look for a melting or damaged spots, or an overall white appearence on the end of the plug. That would indicate your motor is running lean. Your plugs, other than being dirty, look fine. What the hell is that black ring around the third one?

mteg

Automatic Lover
The other sensor on top of your throttle body is you MAP sensor. Whatever you do, don't get these 2 mixed up.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
its probably the socket rubber from the old owner. What do i look at on the throtle sensor, wat i mean is can i see if its faulty.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I don't think it has to do with your plugs or wires. It could be the fuel pump but that would make it hard to start all the time. You know it could be the distributor, not the actual distributor but the ignitor inside, i've seen this before, the car will start but as soon as you try to take off it will die. But you said you replaced your distributor didn't you? Yea I just looked back and saw the code you said it pulled, that definetly sounds like the ignitor.

Last edited:

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
I changed the Ignition coil and the module inside the distributor. I think the ignitor is the same as the module. Am i wrong

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I changed the Ignition coil and the module inside the distributor. I think the ignitor is the same as the module. Am i wrong
Well theres the ignitor and the ECM. The ignitor is inside but where did you get the part? It's very possible you got a bad one.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
That does look like your cars been running lean a little bit. Is the plug showing signs of wear?
The plugs wouldn't cause the car to just stop running, if anything one or more could be bad but at the most you would just loose that cylinder, or it would misfire, not shut the entire car off.

emmanuel2112

puertoricanLS
Well theres the ignitor and the ECM. The ignitor is inside but where did you get the part? It's very possible you got a bad one.
i think the ECM is for engine control module. Am i right or wrong. Does anybody have a pic of the igniter ooh and i got it from autozone.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
i think the ECM is for engine control module. Am i right or wrong. Does anybody have a pic of the igniter ooh and i got it from autozone.
http://www.oemacuraparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214055&chapter=&Sectionids=3,2413&groupid=2424&subgroupid=6406&componentid=0&make=1&model=Integra&year=1995&graphicID=4812049&callout=6&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0
The ignitor is part #6. Also no offense to Autozone but they may have given you a bad part if you replaced the ignitor from there. And yes thats what ecm stands for.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Then I would say maybe you got a bad ignitor or maybe your ecm is bad. After buying all those parts you might have just been better off replacing your distributor.