B18b1 engine bay pics

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
damn all the money you spent you could have just converted it to stick. you like having an auto ?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Yup. If I had wanted a manual I would have bought one. It's almost cheaper to just buy another car than do the conversion. Besides, no one does automatics. The truth is that you just need to put a little more attention into them than a manual. There isn't as much support for them. After I swapped my torque converter, it made a world of difference. After I put the rebuilt tranny in, it should be as good or better than a manual. Plus, if you get schooled by an auto, your in sad shape.

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
Ominous G2 said:
Those camo covers are pretty sweet.
thanks i got some new ones about to go on....there nightmare before christmas......so i mean...still different

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
so what did the torque converter actually do ? help you accelerate quicker ? can you launch ?

mteg

Automatic Lover
Hell yeah, it made all the difference in the world. I'm not stuck waiting for my car to take it's dear tim shifitng anymore. A upgraded torque converter on a stock auto will shave off 1/2 to 1 sec. Thats a huge gain-Note to all automatic owners. On the downside, the stock friction pads take more of a beating, shortning the life of the stock tranny. I'll have my new one in before the old one dies anyway. Plus, if I go the boosted route, the new tranny will be good for around 450 hp so I'l be on the safe side since my motors not nealy going put that out. And yes, I can launch with the best of them.

Cutupsum

yea i hate a dirty engine bay. I also replaced the ground wire going from valve cover to radiator support with a piece of Black 4 gauge. I think next I'm replacing the bots on the heat shield with some stainless steel ones after i repaint it or have it powder coated.

Cutupsum

Nope--good ol' elbow greese along with some simple green and soap and water.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ive gotten a different intake since last year.. hey.. it came with the car..

and my attempt to make it look like a model car's engine bay..

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
whats wrong with injen ? looks like a nice intake. was that an HKS mushroom filter? clean bay.