A few small problems and bad mpg.

DC4Dan

Leave it unplugged for a full tank and see if all your problems go away and mpg goes back up. I dont think the ac is killing your mpg that much though.

No it's been pretty cool here in FL so I've had the ac off 90% of the time unless I'm on the phone with the windows closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC4Dan

Could the belt be too tight? The previous owner installed all new belts

Nick_C78

A belt can be too tight, but normally the belt will just break before it does any harm. Normally...

I believe the 2 main sensors that will really mess up MPG without you really knowing are o2 sensor and engine temperature sensor. Both make the car run rich if not working properly. TPS can as well, but it gives off many signs. You said your dizzy and timing are good. I personally would go with valve adjustment and replace those sensors. They don't always throw codes for some reason. The reason I say valve adjustment, even though you don't hear the valves is because you don't know when it was last done(probably when the motor was assembled by dealer). The least you could do is check the lash. That is very easy to do yourself.

DC4Dan

I cleaned everything out and it idles terrible now -_- with the ac on it drops to the first line it before 0 and of I rev it up it drops down to almost zero and slowly comes back up. Doesn't die though

DC4Dan

I'm thinking I just need to adjust the idle the tb and iacv were pretty dirty

Nick_C78

What did you clean it with? Cleaners will make your car run like shit if you spray too much until it burns off.

DC4Dan

After playing with the idle screw a little bit it's idling better than before. I took it for a ride and it defiantly feels more responsive and a little quicker.

DC4Dan

What did you clean it with? Cleaners will make your car run like shit if you spray too much until it burns off.

TB cleaner. I probly didn't let it dry long enough. Only a few minutes.

DC4Dan

A belt can be too tight, but normally the belt will just break before it does any harm. Normally...

I believe the 2 main sensors that will really mess up MPG without you really knowing are o2 sensor and engine temperature sensor. Both make the car run rich if not working properly. TPS can as well, but it gives off many signs. You said your dizzy and timing are good. I personally would go with valve adjustment and replace those sensors. They don't always throw codes for some reason. The reason I say valve adjustment, even though you don't hear the valves is because you don't know when it was last done(probably when the motor was assembled by dealer). The least you could do is check the lash. That is very easy to do yourself.

Thinking about it I wonder of my coolant temp is bad or my thermostat is bad. When it's hot outside it runs at around normal temp. Maybe slightly cooler than normal temp but at night and when it's raining or cool out it stays way cool

Volklord

Non V-Tec B18b1
could it be a vacuum leak? OR maybe check the wires to the AC mine had a tear and it was causing the same effect.

Also the MAP sensor and TPS connectors check them for fraying or breaks and fix accordingly.

Charcoal canister lines could be disconnected. this fixed somewhat a hesitation issue i had as well.

DC4Dan

My cars straight piped no cat. I've checked for vaccum leaks and I'll double check all wires. I didn't clean my o2 yet I probly will tomorro

DC4Dan

Can I use my rear o2 sensor that's no installed inside the exhaust in the front bung? In other words can I switch the o2 sensors as long as they are both 4 wire

DC4Dan

Anyone have a good write up of how to do valve adjustment