Charlotte (Nicks 95 GSR)

Nick_C78

I've been using Honda MTF. No crunchy or notchy-ness here. I might start using Motul since we have it at the shop.
Thats because your old tires got greasy too fast for you to heat up your trans fluid. And didnt you win Motul from last years CI Time attack?

Thanks Blake.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Thats because your old tires got greasy too fast for you to heat up your trans fluid. And didnt you win Motul from last years CI Time attack?

Thanks Blake.
That makes sense. But I'll definitely give the Motul MTF a go the next time I go back to the track. And I won two bottles of brake fluid. :thumbs up

Nick_C78

Ahh ok, I knew it was motul something. Sounds like a plan though man.

Nick_C78

Not many updates at the moment. I am taking my time with the block and only being able to work on it 1 day a week is killer.

I got bored and decided to wrinkle black my fuel pump cover and that other sensor cover:

I do want to make a shout out to the machine shop, Pettis Performance. Their attention to detail is awesome:

They measured each piston individually and bored each cylinder to each piston. That may not be that special to some of you, but if you knew my old machine shop you would know why I am amazed by the attention to detail Pettis Performance gave my motor.

I also decided to tuck my fuse box late last night out of boredom:

I ended up mounting it where the airbag used to be.

Slowly and surely it is all coming together. My little side projects are probably making it take longer than it should, but I figured if the car is going to be down I should do everything I can while it is.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
did ya cut all the wires for it and stash it?

stuff you do when youre bored vs what i do when im bored are very different lol

Nick_C78

Nah man. So far I have done all of my wire tucking without cutting/splicing any wires...except for the ABS plugs that I deleted. I had to cut those in order to pull it through the fire wall. I know I don't have a proper wire tuck, but it is still going to look better than it did, and not having to cut any wires to do any of it just makes it that much sweeter.

Nick_C78

No and no. I just unplugged the harness from the fuse box. Undid all of the looming as far back as I needed to and then unraveled the wires which gave me like a foot and a half of extra length to play with and it just happened to reach perfectly in to that location. I really just got lucky that it reached. I had no idea if it would when I was doing it. The only wire I had to mess with was the one that goes from the fuse box to the battery. Luckily I have an entire spare wire harness. So I just used the alternator hot wire from my spare harness and cut it to fit.

Nick_C78

It is a lot of work...well, more than I expected it to be. It won't even make a difference either. My engine bay still looks like shit. lol

Nick_C78

I decided to test fit my calipers:

s***.

So apparently 40 offset with this spoke design doesn't quite fit. It rubs ever so slightly.

Nick_C78

The solution to my caliper to wheel clearance issue:

Room for days.

Lots more updates will be coming Tuesday-Thursday next week.